Monday, November 26, 2007

WARNING!!! ... Long entry post ahead.



This is gonna be one heckuva long entry ... you have been warned!

OK ... will start with Friday night. The Night of Warriors. That was the theme Jack Jack came up with for our impromtu Body Combat theme class. On stage were Alex C, Jack and myself ... and we were decked in Nike Pro Fit tops, three-quarter pants and matching gloves. I kickstarted it by doing the first 3 tracks, Jack did the subsequent 3 and Alex brought it home with the final 4. It was noisy, chaotic, over the top but most importantly SUPER FUN!!! The members seemed to enjoy it too and we even had Eng Guan, TF's famous 'si lai sat sau' RPM and Cardio Wave instructor joined us midway through the class. There are plans to repeat a similar performance this coming Friday but nothing's confirmed yet. Will update accordingly soon k ... so stay tuned. :)

A couple of us headed to Kim Gary after the class and stuffed ourselves silly with food and drinks. Good food with good company on a Friday night doesn't get any better than this.

Saturday started with me having a class in FF SPK. It's my first time teaching in FF but it's also a homecoming of some sort for me since I did my BC training there. Picked my fav tracks and I'd like to think I did the class well. A couple of members chatted with me at the lounge after the class and feedbacks had been rather positive. Will try to do better again this coming Saturday. Hmmm ... however, I wonder if there's a problem with the sound equipment there or was it my Ipod cause at certain times, the music volume went down on its own and I had to crank it up again midway through the track. Traffic was heavy and my guess is that it was due to the roadblocks set up at various routes leading to the city center. Received a call from Alex C as I was on my way home. Told me he might be late for the 1:30pm class and wanted me to start the class first, hence I rushed to TF Taipan and arrived there at approximately 1:40pm. Dashed up to the studio only to find Alex already there.*&$%^&#%^#. Compensated all the 'hard work' with a huge lunch at LYG Restaurant with Julian, Alex, Jack and meself.

We headed back to the gym after lunch to practice for a demo. Wai Hoong joined us there and we did our thing. Was super tired by then but things perked up when Su Yee came with a box of homemade cupcakes whipped out by a member from Jaya 33. They were really soft, fluffy and tasty. Thanks Nicholas … wouldn’t mind if he makes this a regular habit. Ahaks.

After that, I quickly showered and picked Ping up. We made our way to FF, The Curve for Fitness First’s GX Meeting. Loads of people were there and these included the SGXCs, GXCs, GXIs and us, freelancers. Good to see a few familiar faces there as well and managed to chat a li’ll with them. At 6:30pm, we began streaming into the studio and were handed door gifts. The gifts consisted of 100Plus and Dutch Lady Yoghurt drinks, FF bandana, Protex bar soap, deodorant and my personal favourite, a Crocs key chain. I got the green one … hehe. Introduction of the staffs were carried out and then a hilarious short sketch on how to use the mic properly was performed by Veronica, Lilian and Klevin Cheong. Next up, we were gathered in groups of 3 and each had a balloon tied to our ankles. Now the aim is to step and burst the other teams’ balloons. This was a good ice breaker and simply got everyone excited and into the mood. The two teams left with all balloons still intact were given Power Bars. :) A ‘Q & A’ session was up next and a few who got the answers right were rewarded with Power Bars and chocs. All were then briefed on certain formalities (this is the boring part … haha, hence I shall not dwell on it :p). Awards were given out to the most outstanding male and female GXIs and Kenny Lian and Renee took home the prizes respectively. Each won themselves a commemorative crystal plate and Nike shoes. Really cool stuff!!!

Some light snacks consisting or various varieties of kuih were served and it also gave everyone the chance to mingle around and chat.

Being the foodies that we are, Ping and I went to TGIF for their 3 Course Meal at RM39.90. For appetizers, we had the buffalo wings and fried calamari. Our entrĂ©e’s were none other that the Baked Mojito Whitefish and the Chicken and Beef Bacon Quasedillas. The main stars of the meal were of course the desserts. We indulged in the infamous Mocha Mudpie and the Cookies and Cream. It’s so sinful but then again, you just couldn’t say no. It seemed to be a small world that night as I met my brother there with his group of friends and not only that, we met the peeps from gym as well namely Annie, Jon Yau and one of their friend.

With our newly expanded waistline, we drag ourselves to Ikea. I needed to get a new milk mug but couldn’t find a suitable one. Instead, Ping did all the shopping there where she bought more utensils for her cooking and baking. Yay … I wonder if this means more free food. Kekeke. Now call me crazy but apparently, whenever you’re in Ikea, you simply MUST have their vanilla ice cream. Priced at only RM1, it was so creamy and and yet light. Yummmmssss … thanks to Ping, I’m now hooked to it. What a Saturday huh!!!

Early Sunday class at Jaya33. The regulars were there and it was a good class. I do not know how to really describe it but somehow you just know if the class conducted was good or not. I think the acupuncture really did help as I feel better on my right arm, hence being able to push more in class. However, I’ll still hold back a bit till I’m fully recovered. Am hoping to return for a second session of ‘poke and zap’ soon. Yikes!!!

Lunch was with Steph and we headed to her ‘kampung’ which happens to be Bangsar. For a non-foodie, she definitely knows her joints for awesome food. I had one of the best popiah ever there and the Char Kuay Teow ain’t too bad either. After that, we walked around Telawi for a bit and Steph shopped. Tired and hot, we propped ourselves in Marmalade and sipped on delicious iced honey latte and soothing cool cucumber juice. That's just how a Sunday afternoon ought to be ... lazy. :p

My second class for the day was in TF, Hartamas and surprise surprise. It was a big crowd for a Sunday evening slot. I had 16 all together and I pumped the class with everything I got. I know la, this figure might be peanuts to the other superstar instructors but for me … it’s great!!! Hopefully can slowly but surely build up the class from here. One member, Anna even told me that she came all the way specifically for my class leh ... how not to feel bangga. Hahaha.

After that class, I was drained and decided to reward myself with a meal at Rakuzen. I had the grilled beef bento set while my friend had the grilled saba (mackerel) bento. For the money we paid, it was good value especially when they mistakenly served me two portions of sushi set instead of one (see pics above). Woo Hoo … I was famished la, so I just walloped it all. No guilt whatsoever … kekeke.

So there you go fellas … a summary on the past couple of days. Good fun, good food, good friends … couldn’t have asked for a better weekend but for now, it’s back to the rotten rat race. Well, see you at the finish line then. :)

7 comments:

Alexander Lee said...

You call that a long entry???

tsk tsk.. amateur...

Adrian said...

Soree lo but it's long by my standards ma. :P Hehe.

Anonymous said...

not long enuf?? too bad no pic for da food we ate @ Fridays..tsk tsk its Cheong not Tan la..salah surname liao..hahaha...Waa the Sushi looks soooo nice!!!!

Adrian said...

Oh yea ... the sushi was GOOOoood especially the tuna.

I found out that my bro took the camera that night and didn't even took a single photo ... #$%^#$%!!!

Anonymous said...

I heard you guys ROCK! Too bad I was not there to witness it for myself. sigh...

Adrian said...

Yea the class ROCKED!!! Haha ... we might be doing it again this Friday. Stay tuned. :)

Su-Yee said...

yeah! come and join the next 1!