Thursday, November 29, 2007

25 no more ...


Yesterday, I surpassed a milestone in my life … I bid goodbye to the quarter of a century mark. Yesterday … I turned 26 years young.

The day began early enough … a 7 a.m. class in TF, Hartamas. Somehow, despite having to wake up at an ungodly hour, the day seemed a li’ll brighter and the singing birds a li’ll chirpier. That’s because I took the day off. Hence, not having to rush to work after class and having the rest of the day to chill simply plasters a silly grin on my face.

Before the class started, a couple of the regulars began taking up their favourite positions in the studio. Carol was one of ‘em and she presented me with a gift wrapped in a Hard Rock Café bag. Inside, was a fine box of Marks & Spencer’s Belgian Finest Chocs. I felt so appreciated. :) Anna also remembered and told me that she just had to come to wish me a Happy Birhday. Are they not the sweetest bunch … :D

Since I had free time, it was the perfect day for me to get some errands done. First off, I went to get my hair trimmed. After that, it was off to the acupuncture center to treat my right arm. It seems to be getting better, so I guess the physician, Mr. Huang knows what he’s doing. Subsequently, I went over to Fitness First to meet up with Klevin to hand over some documents. 10 minutes later, I was out and got myself prepared for my lunch appointment.

Lunch was at Rakuzen with Steph. She booked a table and it was good thinking on her part too since the place was pretty packed with the office lunch crowd. As always, Rakuzen never disappointed as the food and service was excellent. We both went with the bento set … Steph opted for the beef steak while I had the silver cod. Both deserved two thumbs up. That wasn’t all, I even got a gift from Steph and it was a Stardust novel by Neil Gaiman. It held a significant sentiment for the both of us and it’s for us to know and you to find out. Haha.

Went home after that to rest for a bit and later had the chance to meet up with Steph again to give her a ride to the Toyota Service Center to retrieve her car. From the center, we adjourned to a nearby car workshop to get her front and rear number plates fixed. Why it needed fixing??? … well, only the third alphabet on those plates turned yellow while the others remained white … and this seems to annoy everyone who laid eyes upon it. Hehe.

Dinner was with my family at Shabu Shabu, Bandar Puteri Puchong. It was my first time there and I was pretty impressed with what I saw. Almost everything served was on a conveyor / kaiten belt like the ones you see in Jap sushi restaurants. You simply take them and dunk it into your individual steamboat pot. Food variety was aplenty and as peak dinner time drew closer, the place filled up with eager hungry patrons.

At home, I had a cake waiting for me. It was a Tiramisu and of course, there’s the customary b’day song, candle blowing and cake cutting. It may be a li’ll embarrassing but it just wouldn’t feel like a b’day if this tradition was to be broken in my family.

Final stop for the day was to be in Starbucks where I met up with the gym kakis. Who was there ... let's see ... Steph, Julian, Ping, Brian, Su Yee, Alex C, Jack, Eng Guan, Alexander, Annie and Johnathan Y. We had a great time there ... joking and laughing shamelessly. Don't think the other customers fancy us too much. Hehe. Even had a b'day song there as well. Good times peeps.

All in all, this year's b'day had been a blast and celebrating it with all the special ones in my life made all the difference. You know who you are and to you I say ... ARIGATO GOZAIMAS!!!

No comments: