Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Time is of the essence

Was chatting with one of the gym members today about juggling my day job (I'm a disgruntled engineer btw) as well as being a GX instructor. It's not easy really but since I chose to walk through this road, so no complains here. Yes, it can be tiring at times, the stress incurred esepcially when rushing to make it in time for class is unavoidable but after all that, I wouldn't have it any other way. Like today for instance, I had to cover a 5:45pm class and driving from Putrajaya all the way to PJ is not exactly my idea of fun but I'd do it again if I have to. Sometimes I ask myself why do I put myself through all these and I always end up with the answer ... I like what I do and that's good enough for me.

After the class in Jaya33, I drove back to TF Taipan to attend Terence's class. It was fun with all the mixture of old tracks. I could tell the members, especially the regulars enjoyed themselves tremendously. Cardio Defense was up next and I had a great time. I can foresee myself attending this class regularly if it doens't clash with my own classes that is. Feynman, the instructor was really good. His every movement and techique was sharp and precise. It clearly illustrates what a karate black belt holder is capable of. Really good stuff. A lot of what he thought today ovrlapped his previous in Jaya33 but that's ok since I Still need a lot more practice to get certain techniques right.

Lastly, there's something wrong with my right arm. Each time I sneeze or cough, the area below the armpit will experience a sharp pain right up to my knuckles. This started approximately 4 days ago but now, my right thumb and its surrounding area began to go numb. I think I'll take the day off tomorrow and consult a doctor. Wouldn't want it to get worse now do we? Hopefully it's nothing much. Pray for moi???

2 comments:

penjaga meter said...

oi leng chai .. you gym instructor ka? i need to lose weight la brader.. how la.?
i've got a gym at home but have no fucking idea how to utilise the equipment to rif of my tummy la bro..

Adrian said...

Hay boss .... SHHHHhhhhHHH. Don't let my boss know I got a part time job. hahaha. And I'm not a gym instructor le ... i just conduct one of 'em cardio class, Body Combat ... heard of it? Anyways, there's only one golden rule to lose weight ... output more than input. Simply means that u have to burn more calories than the ones you consume. I say just go for jogs or runs on the treadmill or cross trainers. If you're into cycling .. that burns a whole lot too. Next time we sembang, we talk more into this le. :)