Friday, November 2, 2007

290+km


Work was especially 'heavy' today. Loads to do and so little time to do it. Anyways, I rushed myself downtown for my class and I had to say that it was rather good. Simply because I channelled a lot of the stress bottled up throughout the day into energy. It was liberating to a certain extent. Try it sometimes. Anyways, I rushed back to work after my class, the travelling itself drained me. And what's worse, work did not go on smoothly. Will have to try to rectify the problem tomorrow morning. By the time I drove home (sometime past midnight), I've clocked in almost 290km on my car's odometer ... just for today alone ... seriously, NOT FUNNY. It's not a choice really ... I guess when some things needed to get done, a guy just gotta do what a guy gotta do, kapish!!!

I've had my dinner and now unwinding the day in front of the devil box. The Office was hilarious, Scrubs didn't dissapoint and am midway through Grey's Anatomy. By the way, was chatting with Alex last night and one of the things he mentioned was that if you're an instructor and holding down a full time job at the same time ... there goes your social life. Zilch. The only glimmer of hope could arise from the fact that your social life may be salvaged is to make friends from gym itself. I mean, I've personally began to neglect other parts of my life ... ol' friends, family, the things I used to do like reading before bed etc. But nowadays, it's just work and classes. On days where there aren't classes on, I hit the gym and workout. Sometimes I wonder how the seniors sustain this kinda lifestyle. Are we meant to succumb and get used to it or is there a win win situation?

5 comments:

Alexander Lee said...

If you ever find the 'win win' situation let me know ok? :p

There is a way... It involves only taking up morning classes... Which is a little crazy...

But yeah, next yeah I am planning to have one or two evenings off on weekdays from classes so that I can get my social life going... And perhaps find a love life! Hiaks! Ain't getting any younger!

Adrian said...

Morning classes only ??? Cannot le ... this way, I'll be zombie-fied throughout my working hours.

Looking for love??? Should be easy for u le ... u so popular ma ... just don't be so picky le. :p

Anonymous said...

Morning classes wont help coz u need sleep too la..then off to work ..Hmm, wont last long with that routine as well..

It depends on what u define as a win-win situation..coz u attract what u want, so it differs individually.

I sacrificed living the uni-student life for what I taught I wanted through out my degree..No regrets..I've met others and gain other experiences...U win some u lose some...Moolah to spend during all my sem breaks..not bad laaa,kekeke

I've been single all my life with or without gym so nothin and no one to blame..Can I blame cupid?? :P

Alexander- How bout mail order brides?? :D

Adrian said...

Anyone got the contacts for the mail order bride agency? Hahaha.

Alexander Lee said...

(Hits Adrian with a sledge hammer)

(Pummels Ping to the ground with a jackhammer)