Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Clocking back in

Today, one the 1st day of April, I buttoned up my shirt, put on my slacks, slided in my socks and laced up my leather shoes. Today, after more than two months of practically doing nothing (nothing productive at least), I’m officially back in the rat race. To continue climbing the steep and slippery corporate ladder.

A part of me is really glad that I’m getting back into the groove. To settle back into normality. But boy do I miss the times when I can be carefree and simply laze the day away. To have breakfast at 10 a.m. at a nearby kopitiam, to have long lunches and coffee with friends in the afternoons, to watch late night movies till the wee hours of the mornig. Sighhh … I guess you can’t have the best of both worlds huh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Has the option to do that, but don't want to be a couch potatoe.. Feels really sluggish)

Anonymous said...

Can still have Sakae for lunch .Nearby onie ma....hmm..prob not as long as I could before I graduated..Hahaha..those were the days when we used to "sigh" over Starbucks,Sakae or Nasi Kandar....hahaha..Now its all laughter over meals..:D Happy Ending..and a GREAT Beginning.. Happy Happy!!!

Adrian said...

Just so glad that you had a good time on your BIG DAY :)