Saturday, March 29, 2008

Umbro Elite X


After the Body Vive class today (which was really fun btw), Alexander and I decided to have a cuppa at Starbucks while waiting for Juls and Wilson to finish their Body Pump class. In the midst of savouring my vanilla latte, we were approached by a rather pleasing looking girl. She introduced herself with a very crisp smile and said she is representing Umbro. She then went on bout how Umbro has already been in the international market for the past 70 years ... mostly into jerserys, shoes, sport apparels bla bla bla. Finally she unveiled her product for today ... Umbro's first assault into the fragrance market. It's called Umbro's Elite X (for men) and this eau de toilette isn't available in the market yet as I'm typing this entry. The promoters are here (they're actually from Singapore) to obtain a market feedback from Malaysians in general. Naturally, being a sports oriented company, its target market is aimed at sportsmen or those leading an active lifestyle. She also claimed that the fragrance won't turn 'sour' even if the person sweats or perspire heavily. How true??? ... only time will tell.

According to the promoter, the fragrance which only comes in a 100ml size will retail at RM89.90 when launched in Malaysia. However, since it's a market survery they are conducting now, a special offer is given ... it's going for RM59.90 for TWO bottles. So it's basically RM30.00 for each bottle la. Value for money if you ask me. From the sample given, it smells very citrusy & flowery ... somewhat like one of FCUK's fragrance (can't remember which one). On the box, it' written 'Skin Cooling Refreshing Fine Fragrance'.

For more info, log on to www.corsair.co.uk

P.S. This is not an advertorial. Oh, just fyi, when the sales promoter was squatting down to promote the fragrance (coz both me and Alexander wer sitting on rather low sofas), the top of her bum bum was revealed so to speak. Hmmm ... I wonder if it was done on purpose ... young people nowadays. Tsk tsk tsk.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

(noticed Adrian's wandering eyes)

BLEK!

Su-Yee said...

well, i just wanna say someting not related to this topic.....its good to see you back at class:) no doubt there are some exercise that you cannot do...but the progress is going well eh:)

and.....1st april you are going back to work!

Adrian said...

Yea, it's really good to be back in the gym. Feels good to be working out again but am taking it easy first le.

Aisey ... don't remind me of work la. Coming real soon and dreading it.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, i want to buy this, can you please help....Whom to contact or where to go? mail me for more details to my email id julie.vincent@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Looks cheap ...

Aravind said...

Hey, the same thing happened to me too! Me and my friends were approached in Asia Cafe in Subang by a girl with a smile and bad language of English. She said it is yet to be launched in Malaysia and it will retail for RM 110 I think? Same thing happened, buy 1 for RM 59.90 and get one free. Me and my friend shared the money and bought it. We had a bottle each. Question is, how is it? I have yet to open the box and I think I want to sell it off.

Adrian said...

Hey Aravind,

I'm actually using it now. It actually smells pretty decent ... I mean it's not to be worn to one of em' posh function but for everyday use, I don't see why not. I gave the second bottle to a friend and he fedback to me that he's rather fond of it too.