Monday, March 10, 2008

Tsk Tsk Tsk


I think I've mentioned before that ever since I got discharged from the hospital, I've been occupying my time at home 'ever-so-productively' :p primarily by watching lots of rubbish tele.

Well, not anymore thanks to Carolyn, an ex-member of True Fitness Hartamas (Carol has since migrated some lace else), I was able to get my hands on the first 13 episodes of Gossip Girl. Total episodes for season 1 is 22. Now only in it's first season, taken from the novel series of the same name by the author Cecily von Ziegesar, this teen drama revolves around lives of socialite young adults in New York's Upper East Side ... meaning this kids are young, vibrant, rich, spoilt, manipulative, beautiful, vicious, sexy etc ... well, think Beverly Hills 90210 + Sex In The City ... only lots more of other elements i.e sex, back stabbing etc. Oh and the scripting is sooooo good or at least that's what I think. So sarcastic, so very rude and yet it works. It's wayyy cool, I wish I could speak like that ... but I can't cause I'm not young, vibrant, rich, spoilt, manipulative, beautiful, vicious, sexy etc. :( And this series is narrated by this ... (what's the word) ... omniscient character by the name *suprise suprise* Gossip Girl (voiced by Kirsten Bell).

Seriously ... watch it if you've got a tiny ounce of bitchiness in your blood cause you'll love it. Btw, this series provides decent fashion tips too.

Hmmm ... it seems being under 'house arrest' and my lack of communication with most of the outside world has brought out this part of me I never knew existed ... I just feel a li'll metrosexual right now. Die!!!

3 comments:

Carolyn Loo said...

Hey Adrian,
I'm glad I got you hooked on this series. It's way cool don't u agree?

Anonymous said...

All I will say is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qns6Dt3McgQ

Adrian said...

OUCH!!! ... Aw, come on. Hahaha.