Sunday, March 16, 2008

Breakkie, 1 Utama & Ah Long Pte. Ltd.






Oh boy ... what a day this has been. Kicked it off with a hearty breakkie at My Kopitiam with SY, Juls and Ping. It's really good to catch up again with them gals after my long absence from the gym. We ate, we talked, we gossiped and we laughed. Ain't a better way to start off a beautiful Saturday morning. :)

After that, SY and I headed straight to 1 Utama for a li'll bit of shopping. And shopped we did. There were pretty decent sales going on ... a couple of clearence sale but in the end, the only thing getting cleared is my wallet!!!

Lunch was at Oriental Cravings and though slightly rushed as we had a movie to catch, we relished it nonetheless. The 'nga pou lo shu fun' did not dissapoint and the 8 Treasure Fried Rice was delicious (though SY claimed that her fired rice is better). I guess only time will tell. Hehe.

We watched Jack Neo's latest offering ... Ah Long Pte. Ltd. A comedy poking fun at the Ah Long's business in the Singapore / Malaysian region. Most of the film took place in Malaysia and it's good to see a couple of our local actors being casted as well. Ermmm ... Malaysia Boleh??? :p Fann Wong helming the lead actress role was sizzling hot as usual and Mark Lee as her sissified dance instructor hubby played his character to hilarious perfection. IMHO, this movie does provide a few tickles and it's alright to spend ticketing money on a lazy weekend as such.

More shopping resumed after the movie and it lasted till dinner time where we dined at Ms. Read's Delicious. SY had their signature Duck Confit Spaghettini while I opted for the Three Cheese Sandwhich. Our appetizer was the French Onion Soup and it was served with a generous portion of rich cheese (dunno what kind). When you're at Ms Reads, you simply HAVE to order dessert. So we savoured on the rich and sinful Strawberry Cheesecake. Not sure if you've noticed but my appetizer, entree and dessert all have CHEESE and I love it!!! Feeling really cheesy today I suppose. (Lame huh :P)

So we spent almost NINE HOURS in 1 Utama today but it was worth it. Today was fun. Managed to create a huge dent into my bank account ... but it was fun. Oh and my legs are aching from all the walking today ... maybe a foot massage is in order tomorrow. Any good souls kind enough to loan me some moolah for the massage ??? Or should I go and approach Ah Long Pte. Ltd. :D

6 comments:

Su-Yee said...

was the ah long movie nice?

Adrian said...

Well, to me, I would rate it a 3 out of 5. My younger brother saw it earlier and he liked it a lot more than me. So if you've got absolutely nothing to do, then go watch it in the cinema or else, wait for the dvd lo. :)

Su-Yee said...

i do enjoy singapore production. funny and sarcastic. and it normally speaks about daily life/happenings of a normal person. so it makes more sense. and jack neo's production is one of the best. Will enjoy it more if the person watching can understand hokkien.

Adrian said...

Yeap ... Jack Neo's movies are somewhat applicable to what we commoners are experiencing on our daily lives. Apparently, his next project will revolve around the Yakuza (Japanese Mafia). Shouldbe cool huh. But for Ah Long Pte. Ltd., not much Hokkien.

Tweets said...

Wahhh,nice to hear that you had fun and McDonalds, haha.

So when are you coming back to teach?

Adrian said...

Speaking of McDs ... craving for it now. Hmmm ... and it's just a phone call away ... damn these temptations. :p

I hope to be teaching again in April provided my recovery goes well. I guess I'll know by the time comes if I'm ready or not but currently ... body's really itching to do all the new releases.