Saturday, March 15, 2008

Taking baby steps ...

I'm reconnecting to the outside world!!! Since my surgery on Jan 28th 2008, I've been living under strict orders from my family to abstain from a lot of things when concerning my diet. You know la ... Chinese punya pantang ... can't take seafood, can't consume beef/kambing/venison etc, stay away form peanuts, mushrooms etc ... blah blah blah. (Sometimes I wonder who comes out with all these 'rules'???)

Well, anyway, seeing that it's been a while since my surgery ... and yesterday ... I finall did it ...

I HAD MY FIRST McDONALD'S MEAL!!!

A large Spicy Chicken McDeluxe meal and a portion of 6 pieces McNuggets (with BBQ sauce of course :p)

It was heavenly ... especially on the first bite into the burger. An explosion of flavours filled my mouth sending my tastebuds into a tantalizing frenzy. The soft fluffy bun, the spillage of tender chicken juices, the crisp texture of the chicken itself and the crunch of green lettuce ... ooo ... and all this enveloped with a thick dollop of salty mayo. YUMMMMMSSS. Each bite only gets better especially with the occasional interruption of piping hot fries making its way into my mouth. It's not over yet, a quick slurp of my Coke Light and I began devouring my nuggets. I savoured each and everyone of them and honestly, 6 pieces ain't enough ... darn ... should've opted for the 9 pieces wan. Chicken McNuggets paired with BBQ sauce ... a combo worthy of such a description ... DIVINE!!!

I know I may seem to be exxagerating a teeny weeny bit but coming from my position ... it was really that GOOOoooOOOD. Don't take McDs fo granted peeps. I'm Lovin It. :)

Oh and today, I began driving again. Took a drive to Taipan's Oldtown Kopitiam with SY for my usual polo bun, half boiled eggs and Xi Mut iced tea for breakkie. Can't remember the last time I had those but I realised it had become some sort of a comfort food for me. And then drove to SS15 as SY needed to see a doctor. After that went to Klang to collect a way overdued cheque. The drive was more of a cruise ... slow and easy but it was good. I really missed driving and although it didn't felt 'natural' at first but eventually ... I got the hang of it. Put on some familiar tunes and it was all systems GO! Had a hair trim after having the mechanic check my brake pads and tyres. (Been giving me these weird grinding sound for some time now).

So today was a good day. A day well spent. SY and myself even took some time and browsed through an aquarium shop where there was an abundant of gorgeous salt water creatures ... from bright colourful fishes to tiny sea horses to polka dotted starfishes etc. Heck, we even saw two black tipped sharks but I doubt they're for sale though. Kinda sad though as we also saw a rather huge red & white koi being treated for severe injuries on it's upper back. We could even see its flesh being exposed ... poor thing must be in a whole load of pain. Well, hopefully it'll recover in due time.

And tomorrow's plan ... a whole day of makan, shopping and movie. Wish me luck ... hahaha.

4 comments:

Su-Yee said...

i can understand your statement made on MC D.i have stop eating all sort of "less" healthy food ever since H Pylori. Now that i am better, i starts to crave for all sorts of junk food. 4 days ago, i had MC D 3 days in a row! 1st day was at 1am. yes after midnight. home delivery. 2nd day was dinner, and 3rd day was breakfast!

Adrian said...

Waaa ... 3 days in a row huh ... wonder if I should try to beat your record. :p

Anyways, my cravings for McDs already taken care of ... next one KFC. Anyone wanna dig in with me?

Su-Yee said...

sure..... you know...that day crave for KFC so much that i phone the operator asking if KFC has home delivery.....hahaha...me so lazy

Adrian said...

Aisey ... call me ma ... then we go makan. KFC also operating 24 hours now. :)