Monday, April 28, 2008

Dim Sum @ Imperial China






The li'll birdies chirped noisily outside, telling me it's time to wake up on this sunny Sunday morning. My trusty Sony radio clock indicated that it's 2 minutes to 11. Time for brunch!!! Teeth brushed, face washed and body showered, I was soon ushered by a typical sepet-eyed-hair-tied-immaculately-in-a-bun Chinese lady (flown straight in from China yo) in her skin tight cheongsam and seated at the lush crested-shaped crimson sofa at The Imperial China Restaurant at SS17 Subang Jaya.

Anyways, few words were exchanged between SY and I as we waited for the bespectacled waiter to take our order. The only sounds heard were the growling of our eager bellies ... her stomach goes 'GRRRRR' and mine would respond with a 'GRRRRRRRR'. Hahaha. Yes, you wouldn't like us in our state of hunger. You have been warned peeps. :P

Soon, our table was filled with bamboo baskets filled with the likes of steaming bbq pork buns (char siew pau), bouncy fried fish balls, deep fried 'lam yi' pork ribs, tasty prawn noodles served in the cutest claypot, flaky bbq pork pastry (char siew sou), yummy yong tau foo, delicious fried carrot cake, sticky lo mai kai, eggy egg tarts and smooth & sweet mango pudding. Washing it all down with some piping hot 'Char Wong' chinese tea, it's hard to top this wouldn't you agree? And with our cravings satisfied, SY and I just sat there lazily and began our latest habit of people watching. Some comments that came out of our dim sum filled mouth aren't that nice mind you, nasty stuff ... muahahaha ... again peeps, you have been warned. :D

Posted above are just some of the photos I took. Can you guess which is which??? Hehe.

P.S. Was actually suppose to do a BC replacement but cancelled it last minute the night before cause wasn't feeling all too good. Didn't wanna risk anything, so again, so sorry Joanne. Gomenasai.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Bro!!
I was again cursing and swearing as I was reading this latest post from you - thinking to myself, tak sihat konon! Hmph!!
More like zz until the cows come home and go pig out!
2min to 11am! What nerve?!! I was at Jaya 33, Studio2, sweating like pigs! Still breathing fire bcoz some instructor fong fei kei...
Grr.....
Hahahaha... kidding dude! Bet whack kau kau le... mahal ke?

Joanne

Adrian said...

Serious ... wasn't feeling well the night before ... don't believe me, you can go ask Alex C. :)

But I have to admit that it was nice to sleep in on a Sunday ... a luxury I have to forego after the 2nd week of May since I'm taking back that Sunday morning BC slot.

And you know me ... I seldom hold back when I'm indulging. How much ar ... tell you when I see you in person le. *wink*

Anonymous said...

Gulp! Sure mahal gile....
Only ONE sunday left, dude, itupun if you are not called to replace Kevin, back injuries take awhile to recover, no?

Heheh.... looks like your sundays are as good as OVER, dude!! hehehehe...

Hiahahahaha muahahahaha.....

Jo

Adrian said...

This Sunday I won't be in the country. So me definitely not gonna replace Kevin. Hopefully he'll recover soon enough le ... am sure he'll wanna do that last Sunday class.

Hmmm ... you seem to thrive on my 'miseries' ... just you wait ... I'm gonna work the lot of you. Muahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Gulp!!!

Hehehe... honestly - i look forward for a good workout with you. I attended your class before, it was good. I enjoyed it very much!

If kevin is fit enough - well and good, o'wise i do hope they find a good replacement and not some crappy one! :( was I being too frank?

PS... do send kevin my best wishes if you happen to speak to him ya ;P Thks dude!

Joanne

Adrian said...

Hey Jo,

Firstly, thanks for the compliment. Really appreciate the feedback. As for crappy instructors ... well, to everyone, his or her own no?

Will gladly pass on the msg to Kev if I do see him. :)

Anonymous said...

eh, what i want to write is abit sensitive le - wait the world reads it - mati aku... will wait for your email add la...

tsk tsk tsk

Jo - looks like both of us no need to work hor? hahahaha

Adrian said...

Ehhh ... don't say like that. We're just efficient multi-taskers only. Hehehe. :p