Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mango Mania @ Bangsar






What is essential after a hot and spicy Thai dinner??? Well, desserts of course. Friends and I were prowling along the streets of Bangsar to hunt for a good dessert place. First stop was Chilly’s at BSC for their sinfully famous Molten Lava Chocolate Cake. Unfortunately, the waiting time for a table would take no less than 20 minutes. Our burning tastebuds tell us that this was simply unacceptable. So off we went zig-zagging through the messy lanes of Jalan Telawi. A couple of choices came to mind. First, there was Ms.Read’s Delicious Café @ BV II but I’ve personally been there rather often. I wanted something ‘else’. And then there was Alexis for their sweet sweet Tiramisu but this did not jive with the fact that something cool was needed to soothe the sizzling sensation on our tongues.

Finally, lo and behold, like a shining beacon of bright yellow radiance, we found just the place … MANGO MANIA!!!

A peek inside revealed an inviting ultra chic interior. Bold navy blue cushy sofas occupy a portion of the place. It exudes the kind of comfort that begs you to plop yourself on it and let out a lengthy satisfied sigh. And the décor tastefully screams an intense blend of audacious colours … from the huge paintings draping the café’s wall to the artificial lonesome ‘mango tree’ sitting at the corner. The rest of the seating area is completed by metal tables and rattan chairs ala Coffee Bean style. What I really like about the place is the soft lighting that emanates a very relaxing radiance all around which is exactly what is needed after a fiery dinner on a Saturday night.

They operate on a self service basis and the staffs there are most obliging to serve. A pleasant surprise greeted me in the form of a coincidental meeting with Sharon and Purdey there. They ar … very funny wan lo … having desserts while contemplating on what to eat for dinner after that. Found out they went for McDs after that … these gym instructors are not portraying a very healthy lifestyle no? :p

Mango Mania serve everything mango (DUH!!!) and more. On the menu are yogurts, smoothies, ice creams, cakes, teas, juices etc. Well, you get the idea. I sampled their yogurt and smoothie. The yogurt was so smooth. (There's an option to add in fruits to complement the yogurt ... for a price of course) I would recommend that you spread a layer of it over your tongue’s surface and then let it slowly melt all over … enveloping and teasing your taste sense with a coating of sublime creamy sweetness. The smoothie is rich but not the kind of richness that will eventually leave you feeling nauseous. It the kind that leads you to think “HMMMmmmMMM … this is good quality stuff”. Take li’ll sips to really savour the real fruity essence of this flavoursome healthy dessert drink.

Oh ... another plus point ... Mango Mania provides free wi-fi. :) In addition, customers are given loyalty cards where each smoothie, yogurt or cake are entitled to one stamp each. Collect 5 stamps respectively and you're entitled to redeem a free item lo. For example, collect 5 cake stamps and the 6th cake is free. Apparently, they have a website too ... www.mango-mania.com but when I tried accessing it, it failed. Perhaps you peeps have better luck than I do.

I’ll definitely be back here to try out the rest of their offerings. Care to join me???

P.S. The photos above were taken by me using a friend’s hp camera. Nice hor. Hahaha.

7 comments:

xPeace05 said...

yerrr, go bansgar also no call me.:p. next time do call me out wiht u wanan give that manggo mania a try ya :p

Adrian said...

Hey hey bro Xpeace05. :) Next time I go to Mango Mania or for dessert in Bangsar, I'll most defnitely call you. Then perhaps you can be my food tour guide there.

xPeace05 said...

Hiak!!! i can't wait!I purposely went and try it out yesterday nitey. I must say, it was gooooooooodddd. Tried thier signature dessert, Yo Froz, the pic in your entry :), with extra Elephant manggo slices...(well thats what my fren told me it was) :p...

They are also selling those art-pieces hanging on the wall. One caught my attention....but the price for the art....ahem ahem...

Adrian said...

Yea ... I think Purdey ordered Yo Froz with mango chunks too. Next time I'm definitely gonna 'Elephant' my yogurt. :D

I saw the art paintings but on closer inspection, some of them are quite dusty ... so I didn't bother to go any closer. Maybe can get the artist to do a replica. :p

jazz2dmax said...

Elephant mango??? got dinosaur mango or not ar? ;p

Shirlyn said...

hoi! u all tried and me not yet! next time go call me la. I really wanna try. Mango lover too :D

Adrian said...

Yes yes ... all of us go and we 'conquer' the entire comfy sofa area. Muahahaha!!!