Monday, April 7, 2008

U Village Restaurant, Sg. Wang Plaza






The afternoon yesterday was spent in Sg. Wang Plaza. The reason … SY wanted to get herself a new compact camera. I personally believe that this have been long overdue since she travels so often and a camera can most definitely help her document her trips and bring back cherished memories. We browsed through between six to seven photo outlets and finally we narrowed it down to two models. One is the Fujifilm F55 while the other is the Panasonic Lumix FX36. The Fuji in on promotion and it’s yours for RM599 (made in Japan). The 10 Megapixel Lumix retails for RM1130 and is also made in the Land of the Rising Sun. The latter reigns over the former because it has a 25mm wide angle feature and also the Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer). After much much deliberation, SY finally settled for the Lumix and she got the one in kawaii baby pink. It also came along with a 2GB external memory card, an original Lumix leather casing, original Lumix neck strap as well as a silicone screen protector. For more information bout this camera … go ask SY. :p

BTW, this is the first time SY’s pic is featured in this blog so … *APPLAUSE* *APPLAUSE* Hahaha.

We had a late lunch at U Village Restaurant. It’s rather similar to the better known Kim Gary or Wong Kok Char Chan Teng chain of Hong Kong styled restaurants but I really like it here. Their menu is rather extensive and they also offer dishes like BBQ honey pork, roasted duck, roasted chicken etc. More importantly, they have CHILLY OIL!!! A must-have-condiment that’ll compliment any dish on God’s green earth. I’m serious. We ordered the succulent BBQ honey pork rice with salted egg, Singapore fried vercimilli, fried Ping-Pong fishballs and preserved veg and tofu soup (ham choy taufu). Beverages were iced ‘yin yong’ (coffee and milk tea) and iced HK milk tea. Lo and behold people, I’ve raved about how Kim Gary’s ‘yin yong’ is unparalleled with any other (even those I tried in Hong Kong itself) but after yesterday, I am retracting that claim. U Village’s is just as heavenly if not better than KG’s. Their iced milk tea is just as good too … it leaves behind a rather sweet tangy aftertaste on your tongue after each wonderful sip. Now I’m craving for it and damn U Village from being located so far from where I am right now. HMPHHHH!!!

Another thing worth mentioning is their ‘Ping-Pong’ fishballs. One can have it deep fried or served in a soup. Our waiter recommended the fried version, so we went along with it. These bouncy balls fish paste are flavourful enough on its own but it has more to offer. Inside each ball is infused with soupy li’ll chunks of yummy minced pork that’ll literally burst when you sink your teeth into it … filling your entire mouth with a delightful tasty tang. So I’d suggest that you pop these babies whole and not try to bite it in half if you wanna avoid being in an embarrassing situation of messing yourself.

One other thing U Village has to ‘offer’ is it’s variety in clientele’. You get the young and the old but you’re also able to enjoy the company of the many fashion weirdos / victims that can only be found in this funky shopping mall. SY and I had fun exchanging our two cents worth of comments on these poor souls. Haha. So here, not only are you able to give your sense of taste and smell a treat, your eyes enjoy a feast too. Yum yum.

10 comments:

Oliver said...

wa...Adrian, u really enjoy food lah...
hehe, may be u don't know who am I, I am FF member and actually I take the trial class at true fitness last year, attend u and Alex combat class...and u did come and talk to me...dun know how search from google and view yr blog...how is yr health now? when u ready to teach?

Adrian said...

Hey Oliver ... firstly welcome to my humble blog. :D And yes, I tend to enjoy eating ... a li'll too much sometimes ... haha ... that's why i need to teach BC to help maintain my weight as well as financially sustaining my eating habits.

Now that you mention it, I can vividly remember you ... in fact if I see you in person now, I'm pretty sure I can identify you. :p

Healthwise, I'm recovering well now and as far as teaching is concerned ... soon ... very soon. Nyek nyek nyek. Will update on my blog when I'm fully ready to be back in action. Till then, take care Oliver. :)

kress said...

wei did you bargain for the camera? when i bought my g9, i got free leather case, free 4gb toshiba high speed card, free screen protector, free tripod, free backpack, free canvas bag. :-)

Adrian said...

Yea we did. Finally got the offer SY is happy with. My brother bought the FX33 (one model before the FX36) a couple of months ago and judging from the price he paid at that time, SY actually got a good bargain. :)

Anonymous said...

u take care too...hope to attend yr class soon (if u teach at FF)..

Anonymous said...

u take care too...hope to attend yr class too (if u teach at FF)...

Adrian said...

Hey Oliver ... which FF branch are you attached to? Or rather which one do you frequent most often? :)

Shirlyn said...

I used to like go to this U Village restaurant. The food nice as well.

Adrian said...

Nice hor ... any good recommendations there? Wanna go back there soon to try out their other dishes ... :D~~~

Anonymous said...

most of time at FF, Merana Axis