Monday, October 22, 2007

Nothing significant

Was driving from the site office (Putrajaya) back to my HQ (Subang) when the heavens opened suddenly and it poured. I switched off the radio as the blending sound of heavy raindrops on my car roof and the piercing scream of Axyl Rose just doesn't do it for me.

My watch showed me that it was 11:47am, so I slowed down my speed and just cruised along the almost empty highway. This way, I should just be in time for lunch upon reaching Subang. :)

In my mind, many fleeting thoughts came and went. Most I couldn't remember by now. Amongst those I could still recall was that I still owed a friend a meal. She will be heading off to Germany soon for work and I've promised her to meet up and we would makan besar, talk, joke and catch up just like when it was back during our uni days. One more for the road huh CL. :) Me so jealous that she'll be able to experience the Oktoberfest next year. *Sob Sob*

A motorcyclist was talking on his mobile with only one hand on his handle. I've got to give this guy some credit for having huge kahunas. I mean, the road is wet and slippery and yet, here he is, probably shouting into his mobile to get the conversation going. I pondered what could be so important that he has to talk at that hazardous moment. I tried to read his lips but after 3 seconds, abandoned my attempt. I hope he gets to where he wanted to go safe and sound.

Then I thought 'bout what I wanted to have for lunch. Since I shall be passing by Taipan, I screened through my options in that area. People say it's impossible to find a parking spot at that time in that area ... well, 2 years of working there had taught me that you just need to know where to look. True enough, I found a nice spot after 5 minutes or so. Patience is virtue or haven't you heard.

Bought a copy of the daily paper and propped myself down at Old Taste Kopitiam. The rain died down to a misty drizzle ... and with the sound of the rustic fan blades swishing above, it somehow enveloped me with a sense of calm and serenity.

The headlines depicted the picture of one of Malaysia's more promising cyclist. Unfortunately, the poor chap died in an accident and according to his sister, he was behaving funny the day before he died. How he was keeping to himself a lot etc. How many times have you guys heard of this before??? That the deceased always behave or react differently soon before their demise. Next time, if someone dear to me began behaving weird, I'm gonna strap that person to a chair until he/she acts normal again ... don't want to risk any chances ... hahaha.

Anyways, the nasi lemak there was good. I lurveeee the sambal, super spicy and just salty enough ... reminded me of the one I used to have daily from my primary school's canteen. I guess this is one of my comfort food. Paired it with a tall glass of white coffee 'C' and you have the perfect lunch.

Am now back in the office, gonna get busy with a tender for a new project in Abu Dhabi ... blehhhh. Not looking forward to it. Sigh ... I wonder if it's still drizzling outside.

No comments: