Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I don't see the light


Yesterday I had a near death experience. Well, at least I think it is one. You see, I was driving to the gym from my workplace and came to an intersection. From afar, I could see that the traffic light was already green and there wasn’t a single vehicle in front of me. At the junction, I made a 90 degree turn and on my right, a van and a car probably thought that there wasn’t going to be any vehicle coming from my direction and hence, tried to beat the traffic lights. I slammed on my brakes with all my might and my car screeched to a complete halt. The ABS kicked in and vibrated violently. Both van and car zoomed pass inches away from the front of my Honda. I honked at them angrily. The other drivers simply stared. I took a second to compose myself and continued to my destination.

If I had collided with the van, no doubt the car behind would smash right into me. It’s gonna be an ugly scene. At that speed they were traveling, killing me is highly likely. But no, I did not see my life flash before me, no light at the end of the tunnel. I guess my time just isn’t up yet.

No comments: