Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Just Heavenly




Finally ... F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!!! Finally managed to find my way to Just Heavenly in Epicure and got my hands on their much raved about delicasies.

Firstly the pics. The first one right on top is the famed Death BY Chocolate. It's to die for. Rich soft creeeeeamy chocolate mousse covered with a bitter sweet layer of dark chocolate cream and topped with a crunchy yet moist chocolate swirl. Stirctly only for chocolate lovers. If you are one, this indulgence is one you shouldn't miss. The flavour will just set your taste buds into a tantalizing frenzy.

Next is the tiramisu in a cup. The egg white mousse is oh so smooth and on first bite, taste wise, it didn't blew me away. In fact, it was on a kinda mediocre level. Nothing fantastic. But gradually as you eat more and more (preferably in tiny bites), the taste will start to set in. The after taste left behind is a mixture of sweet and rum bitter. Made me crave for more and more. Before I knew it, I've almost polished the entire serving. The best part lies at the bottom but I'm not gonna tell you what it is. So go find out for yourself ... guarantee no regrets. Hehehe.

I've saved the banana cream pie for breakfast this morning before my class. It was just about 6am when I introduced my toungue to the pie. I was jolted wide awake with the wonderful texture blend of the soft sweet bananas coupled with the crunchy crust and not forgetting the double dosage of fluffy white and thick yellowish cream. And mind you, Just Heavenly is awfully generous with their bananas serving. I'm a banana lover by the way ... (wait, that came out way wrong!!!) Hahaha. Astro was screening The Simpsons at that time and there's nothing like fantastic food and good laughter to help kick start your day.

Sorry, actually I sampled two others from JH, namely the rum ball and profiterole. But before I had the oppurtunity to take photos of 'em, my appetite got the better of me and I devoured them both in the car itself. MUAHAHA ... and you know what, no regrets whatsoever. The rumball is more dense than I would have expected. It's also smaller that the ones you usually get in the other bakeries but what it lacked in size, it made up in terms of taste and of course, the rummmmmmmm. Two tiny bites and I'm done but the satisfied feeling one get from sinking your teeth into one of these dark alco babies is almost second to none. Next was the profiterole. Vanilla cream puff. One of the best I've taken ... no joke. I love cream puffs. Never fail to sample them each and every time I see 'em in bakeries. JH's version is somewhat different from the rest. Firstly, the cream inside is A LOT. First bite and it overflows out. Secondly, it's not as liquidy as some of them I had before. The cream here is somewhat more solid and goes bloody well with the soft airy puff. A slight dusting of sugar icing on top sealed the deal for moi.

Desperately wanted to go for their Durian Choc. There were 6 pieces left when I was there. Unfortunately, the guy in front of me bought every single one of 'em. @#$%^$%!!! So I guess I can only have the luxury of enjoying it the next time around but then this also gives me an excuse to head back there again. Keke.

Seriously guys, for pastries and cake lovers, head on to the Epicure for a slice or two. It's just heavenly I tell ya. Worth every single calorie consumed. :p

No comments: