Friday, August 22, 2008

Suria Brasserie @ Eclispe Hotel






Dinner last night was good. Why??? ... coz I had some good ol’ local food. No, not Arabic cuisines but authentic Malaysian food. Before I go further, let me just get this out of the way ... the bill came to an obscene 171 Dirhams for 2 persons. It’s like WHOA huh ... yea I know.

Hiskandar, my ex-uni mate invited me for dinner and he brought me to Suria, located at the top floor (penthouse) of the Eclipse Hotel (located on the intersection of Liwa Street and Khalifa Street). Now this classy chic hotel apartment is ran by a couple of Singaporeans and they hired this chef hailing from Langkawi to do this magic at Surai Brasserie. Woo Hoo!!! On the menu are the local favorites like nasi lemak kukus, laksa, mamak mee goreng, popiah, tom yam kung, soto ayam etc.

I know I know ... some of you might think ... so special meh??? Normal everyday food only ma ... but get this, if you’re away from home for a long period of time, this is comfort food at its best ... so trust me on this one.

The ambience is great ... a quiet place with not too many people around ... kind of a perfect place to catch up with friends. According to Hiskandar, they usually play P.Ramlee tunes as well which should compliment the tasteful decor’ of the restaurant really really well.

Ok, back to the food, Hiskandar had the soto ayam while I had the tom yam kung. Great appetizing soups to kickstart the night’s dinner. For mains, His had the laksa and I went for the recommended roasted chicken rice. Sedap yo! Sufficiently authentic and the portion is pretty decent too. We washed it all down with 20 Dirhams worth of fizzies.

So there you go, nice company, great food and fantastic ambience. Came back to the hotel and downed two packs of Chivas with my colleagues to help ease the road to la la land. Oh and I’ll finally get my one day break tomorrow from work. Yay! :D

2 comments:

Shirlyn said...

seems tat u have chivas every night yoh. work hard and play hard there!

Adrian said...

Hahaha ... yea. Wanna be drunken master. *hic*