Monday, August 11, 2008

Randomness continued ...

My current hotel’s room view is really great. I wake up facing the sea and a nice li’ll green park. You don’t get too many greens in this part of the world.

Indian woman in sari can work out. I saw one a couple of days ago on a gym bicycle. Now I see the same woman on the treadmill. Just hope she doesn’t trip over. :p

Jaywalking is prohibited here. But then again, I haven’t seen any cops around either.

Today I saw a man walking his dog. The dog was literally the size of an adult wolf or perhaps even bigger. Simply a huge beast but its droopy eyes made it looked so adorably tame. Couldn’t tell its breed but it looked a bit like the one in the movie Beethoven. Have not seen any strays here as well … neither cats nor dogs.

The weather is getting worse. The heat scorches through the entire day. Let’s just say if you if got eye wax and you walk out at the mercy of the sun, the eye wax will melt and trickle down your face. Yucks.

I’ve eaten more Indian meals here in the past two weeks than I’ve consumed in the past two years back home.

Today I mistakenly sent a sms to the wrong person. Very very awkward.

Not having a camera while I’m here is a real drag. So much I wanted to share. :(

Today I toyed with death by dashing across a highway. Trust me … not my choice. Oh and I got some desert sand in my shoe. HOT HOT!!!

Yesterday I took a cab from our consultant’s office back to the hotel. The cab driver told me to direct him the way. I told him I wasn’t certain because I’ve only been in Abu Dhabi for less than 2 weeks. He told me it’s his first week here. KNN!

The Dodge Charger looked so menacingly awesome. I want!!!

My first Arabic vocab … Tarbelect … it means Fu*k You!!!.

That’s all for now folks. Tune in for more next time. Hope you had a good weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

go get a cam to keep yourself occupied or do something "constructive"..kekeke

1 out of 6 billion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

you can easily buy a canon mark 1 camera after a few months there...so, save save save! Never mind if you have to eat the indian food for a whole month!

Adrian said...

Sighhh ... gf ask me to save to buy house le. :P

1 out of 6 billion said...

ok lor then...but still can use a bit bit to buy a descent camera...cost 700 rm maybe...

Adrian said...

I got a better idea ... buy as company camera and the use it. Muahahaha. :p

Only concern ... how to justify that this project needs a DSLR. *pening*

Jamie said...

sam, you got cameras in yr head now ar? izit the after effects of the Angkor Wat trip? kekekekeke