Sunday, August 3, 2008

Night out with an ol' friend, Hiskandar




I woke as the morning light spills through my apartment curtains. I realized that today’s Sunday. And over here, Sunday’s a working day. Blehhh.

Anyways, let me tell you about last night. At approximately 7:30 in the evening, I took a 3 minute walk to The Crowne Plaza. There I met up with one my ex-uni mate, Hiskandar Hashim. Hiskandar have been based in Abu Dhabi for the past 2 months or so. He’s posted here with a glamorous position as the Second Secretary (Political) with the Singaporean Embassy.

We took his rented Toyota Altis and drove to Khalidiyah Mall. One of the many malls in the city and is located in the upmarket residential area of Khalidiyah. We parked the car and looked for dinner. The first thing that greeted me put such a big smile upon my face. Two words … two magical words … Krispy Kreme!!! Yes peeps, they have here in Abu Dhabi. My heart sang songs of joy as Hiskandar looked at me as if I’ve been possessed by a mad gleeful ghost.

After staring dumbstruck at the doughnut heaven sign for a good 5 seconds, we proceeded up to the higher level and surveyed the gastronomic offerings. We finally settled for Chilly’s. The menu is 99% identical to the ones we have back home in Malaysia, so it didn’t take long for us to decide what to order. Hiskandar had the chicken enchiladas and we shared the Triple Play. The fried mozzarella, the tangy buffalo wings, the stuffed veg rolls … all were real yummy. Our mains consisted of beef fajitas with jack shredded cheese and beef bacon toppings while my friend had the massive bacon burger. By the time we were done, I had sour cream leaking out of my ears. Hehe.

It was also someone’s birthday at the restaurant and for the first time in my life, I heard a birthday song being sang in Arabic. Totally different tune to the one I use to hear but nevertheless, it put a huge grin on the li’ll birthday kid’s face.

We then scouted the mall for electronics, I’m looking to get a mobile phone for my local line here while Hiskandar is searching for a DSLR for his wife. His wife just took up a photography course backing Singapore.

After checking out the prices, we headed back downstairs where I purchased ½ a dozen of Krispy Kreme’s finest. Super delish yo … now if you think J.Co or Big Apple are good, well, you ain’t eaten nothing yet my unfortunate friends. Every bite sends the tastebuds jingling into a cheerful frenzy. So moist yet so light. The sweetness of the glazing supplemented the sinful creamy texture like no other. It was simply divine.

My bloodstreams filled with sugary goodness, we took a drive to The Cornish. An area by the beach where the locals swim, ate, drank or just relaxingly chill the night away.

Also passed by the Emirates Palace and this is quite frankly the most regally exquisite hotel building I’ve ever seen I my life. I understand that it’s also serves as a state house to accommodate any VVIPs or royals coming to stay in Abu Dhabi. Amongst previous guests were George W Bush, Tony Blair, Nicholas Sarkozy, Elton John etc. So obscenely massive and utterly jaw dropping beautiful. Wonder if I could ever fulfill my new found dream of spending a couple of nights there throughout my stay here in Abu Dhabi. Maybe I should opt for the AED1,000,000.00 package for two (approx. RM1 Million) which include :

• First class return trip from any international destination serviced by Etihad Airlines to Abu Dhabi
• Seven night stay in a 680 sqm Palace Suite at Emirates Palace on an all-inclusive basis.
• Chauffeur driven Maybach at your disposal daily during your stay in Abu Dhabi
• Daily spa treatment in the Anantara Spa
• Day trip in private jet to Iran to create your own Persian carpet from the most exclusive and well-renowned hand-maker
• Day trip in private jet to the Dead Sea Jordan to experience the famous sea and an afternoon Anantara spa treatment in the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar
• Day trip to Bahrain in private jet for a pearl deep sea experience. Your pearl will then be hand designed with jewellery settings
• Royal Golf experience at Abu Dhabi Golf Club
• Make your own perfume with experts from YAS Perfume
• Deep sea fishing trip
• Gifts including champagne sunset and desert island tour.
• Gifts including the rarest pearls in the world from Robert Wang and a selection from Holland & Holland Sporting Guns

So there you go … an answer to the million dollar question. Opulence at it’s best. Damn, I should’ve proposed here instead of at Pangkor … at least this would incarnate a certain sense of grandeur no??? :P

That’s all for now folks. Back to work for me while you guys enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Sob sob sob. :p

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see that u r enjoying the foodies over there...
out of curiousity...how much it costs...??? hmmmmm. :P

Jamie said...

ss: veli cheap onli la, veli veli cheeeeeep. You might want to give it a try on your next trip there bro..."GOD" can take you there for dinner PROVIDED they approve of your visitation rights...not easy to visit "GOD" la

Adrian said...

SS,

How much did my dinner cost ar??? Errr ... dunno wo coz my friend treated me this time around. Next time you come over and treat me then you ma know lo. Hahaha. :p

Anonymous said...

it seems like it is a totally different world compared to the site you are working....

jamie: I think me, ding and ng visiting GOD very near in the future leh....coz GOD ask us to present something to him...i gotta buy him some curry leaves i think. Hmm, u got anything wanna give to him? You can piss in a small bottle...just make sure u wrap it up nicely, and sealed tight. I'll bring to that fucker who only knows how to edit the font size, T.N.S.!

Jamie said...

Sam: oooo good for you to be visiting GOD soon. Tell me what you think of that Indian SONOFABITCH after you see him.

To tell you the truth bro, I would seriously like to deliver an Atom Bomb and some Rat poison to that motherfucker but I doubt if you can get thru airport security.

psssst..I already pissed in that Indian sonofabitch's drink the last time I was there...he didn't even blink an eye gulping the whole thing down...SHIT!!!!

Adrian said...

Sam, let me know when you gonna come over here to heaven so that I can personally give you a warm or should I say HOT welcome. Weather forecast reported that it's gonna hit 52 deg C soon. Woo hoo!!!

Jamie said...

52 Degree? Sam will SMELT!!!!

lexancer said...

eh - i drive a corolla not an altis can? altis made in thailand, and corolla made in japan hahaha

Adrian said...

Hahaha ... ok ok. Corolla is it then.