Saturday, August 30, 2008

The first day ...






Today ... the 29th of August 2008, my colleagues and I officially move into the villa. It took our driver, Basheer several trips to ferry the lot of us including our luggages / belongings there. Upon settling in, we unpacked as much as we could. With only the bed installed, we needed a whole lot of other stuff. So first, the two ladies, Marita and Norie went to Carrefour and Ikea to purchase mostly electrical applicances. They came back with a receipt for a washing machine + dryer, a fridge, blender, toaster, rice cooker, microwave, TV, water dispenser and some other stuffs. The guys went back to Carrefour a second time and we managed to fill four huge trolleys FULL with items like bedside table, small study table, chair, dustbins, shower curtains ... and the list goes on and on. We came back and straightaway got down to work to install and fit those items. By the time I was done, dinner beckons.

We went to a tiny restaurant nearby and took away burger and fries. We wolfed it down instantly. Tastewise ... I'd give it a 2 / 10. But alas ... beggars can't be choosers. The other nearest restaurants are not within walking distance. Boo hoo.

With bellies filled, it was time to continue working ... a whole lot of sweeping, vacuuming and mopping my own room. Finally managed to shower at 10pm and am now sitting on my self assembled chair, blogging on my self assembled table. :P

Hope you guys enjoy your upcoming weekend. I'll be stuck working. KNN!!!

9 comments:

Alowevera said...

Wow the room looks very spacious..

Can hang a punching bag and paste the pics of ppl u dislike on do BC with that...

Shirlyn said...

the kitchen so big. ur room so spacious. still can put many things wor. hehehe. how many of u guys staying in this villa?

Adrian said...

You think my room looks spacious ... wait till you see the rest. :)

Hmmm ... wondering whose pics shall I stick on my wall as practice targets ... any ideas Vera???

Shirlyn, at the time being there are approx. 6 of us staying there but over time, more ppl shud be coming over.

Shirlyn said...

wah so many ppl staying in same villa? then u gotta share room with others? aiks..i cannot leh :D

put a someone that u hate most!

Anonymous said...

ahem the list goes**
1-Clients who are late for 5 hours
2-People who like to rip off money by saying 80=19
3-People who see only green and wish that others can't succeed just because they themselves didn't pull thru

Anonymous said...

please reserve a room for me :)
like jj one, alone.

Anonymous said...

looks very familiar to a scene form movie the matrix where Neo went to a white spacious room filled with racks of guns. Is that a virtual world? R U in the MATRIX?

Adrian said...

Shirlyn,

Someone I hate most ar ... hmmm ... there are quite a few candidates leh. *nyek nyek nyek*

Genius,

Your room was reserved since day 1. Just take over JJ's room. We'll make him bunk underneath the staircase.

Sam,

I can only wish it's a virtual world, that way when I stop the programme, I'll be back home. :)

Julian Si said...

I know the feeling.. Just moved here ;-)