Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Late Night Quest





Monday evening ... the desert sun is just beginning to set but the dreaded heat decided to linger on for just a bit more. The office is rather quiet except for the rapid tapping sounds of fingers on the keyboard. Only Wong and I were left. With a huge yawn and a good stretch of the arms, Wong decided to call it a day. Who am I to argue huh. :p

So off we went, walking along the busy intersection of Khaliffa Road ... prowling for some grubs to fill the grumbling belly. A couple of days earlier, we noticed a Chinese Restaurant in the area, City Palace Restaurant if I’m not mistaken. Upon reaching the place, disappointment sank in as the place was closed. Damnit!!!

So we trod the surroundings and finally landed our tired selves in The Rock restaurant. I had the chicken fajitas with fries (pictured above) while Wong had two helpings of the chicken kebab. We washed it down with fizzies and took a slow walk back to the hotel as I had my daily chat with SY on the mobile.

I wanted to hit the gym, hence changed into my gym attire before my Project Manager knocked on our room door. He walked in and chit chatted for a bit before taking a swig at what’s left of our Chivas. Before you could even say KNN, another knock came and this time around the Deputy PM came swaggering in. They finished the alco and soon suggested that we go out to get some more. So the four of us hopped into a city cab driven by an Afghan. A really nice chap who spoke suey-suey (little) Arabic but very passable English. Have the tendency to say ‘Shit’ to almost anything. We joked and laughed loads throughout the entire journey. Upon arriving at High Spirits (the name of the place), we found that it was closed. Double DAMNIT!!! We dejectedly went back into the cab and Alim, the Afghan cab driver suggested another place that just may have what we were looking for. The name of the other place is African and European and this too was closed. ARGHHH!!!

Anyways, we decided to give up on the quest for alco tonight and headed back to the hotel. Perhaps it’s just wasn’t meant to be. Wong and I went back to our room as the other two gentlemen proceeded to have dinner at a nearby restaurant.

I was watching Blade Trinity on the idiot box when the PM and DPM came knocking again. They purchased some Indian ghee sweets and so on this full moon night, we drowned our Chivas cravings with some Diabetic inducing sugary goodness instead.

Will tomorrow night be a ‘high spirited’ on ... only time will tell but as for now, I’m just chillin’ with my IPOD (not more Ipoh, Sharon :p) as I’m typing out this entry with a steaming mug of herbal tea on the bedside table.

I’m gonna answer the call of the sandma ... so g’nite folks.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

nothing beats a glass of goooood swig after a hard day's work huh bro...?

Adrian said...

Hell yea ... and I was shown a place where I can get it in this piss hole. :P

Jamie said...

kekekekeke....must show me IF I am ever there ok?