Monday, June 2, 2008

Les Mills Workshop, Bubba Gump Shrimp & The Orphanage






Another weekend came and went. Mine just passed by like a hurried breeze … mainly because I spent both Saturday and Sunday attending the Les Mills Instructors Quarterly Workshop.

Saturday evening kicked off with RPM and the trainer presenter was Andrew Taylor. It’s a rather good release by my reckoning and the additional two bonus tracks were very much welcomed indeed. The session ended with a whole lot of huffing and puffing, sweaty floors and drenched attires. A couple of fellas (you know who you are) were rather happily distracted with the presence of a certain lady instructor hailing from Hong Kong. Tall, slender, sexy and beautifully toned at all the right places … she would fit very well into a Nike ad. (Man, I’m so gonna get into trouble with SY for this … haha)

Anyways, that was not the end. After the class, I headed to the locker room and realized that I’ve misplaced my locker key. I left it in the gents and upon returning to retrieve it, that bloody li’ll piece of cheap metal was nowhere to be seen. A quick check with the front desk confirmed that no one returned it either. So, left with no choice I have to fork out an outrageous RM100 to get my locker opened. >:( I am hereby laying a vicious curse that whoever took that key of mine shall be blessed with the a year long infection of warts and crabs or any other equivalent STIs. *grumble*

The only consolation was that a couple of us managed to get a table at the famous Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Wanted to make reservations prior but was informed that all reservations were full. So they're only allocating a small section for walk-ins. I’ve tried it once when I was holidaying in Hong Kong before and was really looking forward to trying it out again here.

We ordered quite a lot to share and the company was great. We talked, laughed, ate and drank. Good times peeps … good times. Shall dedicate a separate entry to this soon. *fingers crossed*

The next day, I was to meet up with Juls and Alfee for breakkie at McDs. The scheduled time was 0600. But guess what, I only managed to peel my eyes open at 6:25am. Hahaha … like a madman, I washed up, showered, flew myself to McDs and made it there by 6:40am. And may I add that I was rather proud of this li’ll ‘achievement’ of mine. Ahaks.

Made our way to KLCC Fitness Center and the journey was pleasant. Hardly any traffic and appreciating the magnificence of the rising morning sun proved to be the best antidote for a heavy pair of exhausted eyelids. We kicked off the workshop with Body Combat presented by Ben Tang & Renee and I personally think this release is nothing short of AWESOME. Really can’t wait to teach it. Just when you think the good people from Les Mills can’t possibly do it any better, they so coolly proved me wrong once again and took it up a notch. A good tip for BC members reading this blog … go work on your lunges guys … no joke. :P Combat meets Attack!!! You’ve been warned k.

Proceeded to join in the Body Attack session straight after and only lasted till track 5. Super tiring man. They 'recycled' 'You Can't Stop The Beat' from the movie Hairspray for this new release. It was used in BC previously. My knees went all jello on me, so I stopped and joined the rest for brunch after a much needed hot shower to flush out the fatigue.

Picked SY soon after and we went back to The Curve. Had a small lunch at O’Brien’s before lounging at Border’s for a lazy Sunday read. At half past 3, we zig zagged our way up to Cineleisure for The Orphanage. It’s a Spanish horror movie telling the tale of an orphan girl who grew up, got married, adopted a child, came back to her former orphanage, bought over the place and is planning to set up a center for special need kids. Things began to go wrong when her adopted kid, Simon went missing and strange occurrences surfaced as this valiant mother tried tirelessly to relocate her child. Kinda creepy to think back to yesteryears where I once played the same childhood game as shown in this movie. Oh and one thing to note is that the subtitles provided are rather accurate. *surprise* *surprise* I personally enjoy watching horror flicks and this is one of the good ones. Definitely worth paying RM10 per stub to enjoy this.

I guess that’s bout it for me this time around. Till the next entry … take care and stay cool. How was your weekend???

10 comments:

~Layyen aka Kuchiki Byakuya~ said...

COOL!!!! is it really fun the next release??? lunges??? oh no... it's gonna hurt... how is it like the next release?? is it like any release in combat??

Adrian said...

I think the next release is gonna be a BLAST!!! A lot of different level changes ... and most importantly, really awesome track songs. They also brought back an old move ... so stay tuned for it. :D

Anonymous said...

MAna bubba gump food pics??
Hmm..feeling indulging again..

Anonymous said...

AS IF YOU WEREN'T DISTRACTED.

I think the puddle below my bike was a result of both sweating and drooling. Not to mention that my heart-rate was off the charts.. 101%.

Sigh. I'm lovesick.

Adrian said...

Bubba food pics shall be uploaded in the next entry. :) I think the burger you had was the best order that night. I just had Wendy's 3/4 pounder burger ... it was HUMONGOUS but not as nice as Bubba's

Yo Gregster,

Me ... distracted??? By what or whom??? Hahaha. BTW, if you want 'her' pics, ask Jon Low. He's got plenty. Hehehe. I'm gonna get my copy soon. :p

Anonymous said...

(Stares at Adrian)

tsk tsk tsk

Adrian said...

Don't la stare at my liddat. I just 'kena' from SY earlier today. :(

Anonymous said...

Males...

(rolling eyes)

Anonymous said...

Did anyone get her name?? Hawt Hong Kong Chic...hehe..

Adrian : Yeah,The burger and spaghetti was good.. We shall indulge next quarterly...hahaha.. probably there'll be a another hawt chic again ..where are the hawt guys....haih... LOL

Adrian said...

Hey Greg,

I thought Alfee was suppose to make his move on that 'so called' hawt chic??? No name??? No number??? Hahaha.