Monday, June 16, 2008

RPM, Father's Day dinners and Kung Fu Panda






Father's Day ... a day to remind oneself that without Dad, there will be NO YOU!!! A day to remind oneself to appreciate all Dad has done to bring you up, all the sacrifices suffered to make you into who you are today. My Dad is one such hero. Through the years, Dad did all he could to provide the very best for Mom, my brothers and myself. Sure everyone has his/her flaws ... but the good in Dad overlaps his insignificant faults by miles.

So to commemerate such a momentous day, on Saturday, we booked a table for six (Dad, Mom, brothers, SY and I) at San Francisco Steakhouse's latest branch located at Jaya Square, SS17, Subang Jaya. We started the meal with appetizers in the form of seafood chowder, onion soup and potato skins. Entree's were various steaks and supreme chicken. Overall, I would rate the food quality as poor. Yes, I've dined in San Fran Steakhouses located in The Summit and Damansara. Both other branches' proved to be far more superior in terms of food and service. I don't foresee myself returning to the one in Jaya Square anytime soon. The family and SY went for after dinner coffee in Starbucks @ Taipan, USJ and we simply chatted the night away. It's been a while since my entire family actually sat down to have a meal together ... a fault mostly due to my part (work and classes) and I must say, I enjoyed it irregardless of the lousy dining experience. :)

Oh and on Saturday, I taught my first RPM class at Jaya33. For those not in the know, RPM (Raw Power Motion) is essentially a cycling class developed by the good people at Les Mills. With enough intensity, one could easily burn off 900 kcal. A total of four members turned up for this 8:00am slot and suprisingly I had a jolly good time teaching it. Hopefully, this will be a good start to my RPM teaching experience. Wish me luck peeps. :)

Next up, SY and I wanted to catch P. Ramlee The Musical on its last day at Istana Budaya but alas, tickets were all sold out. So a dissapointed SY and I headed to 1 Utama to catch Kung Fu Panda instead. This hilarious animation features the voice of Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie (woo hoo!!!), Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu and many others. A good watch that had me in stitches for most parts. Planning to get the DVD to watch it again.

On Sunday, after class at Jaya33, SY and I headed for a simple lunch and then to Carrefour for grocery shopping. Why you ask? Well, SY wanted to cook dinner for her family and at the same time using this oppurtunity to celebrate Father's Day for her Dad. It made her grandma very happy too as the ol' lady wasn't feeling too well lately. Having her favourite granddaughter cook her a big meal put a big smile on her face indeed. Of course we had help from SY's bros and her maid who was most efficient in helping with the washing. Hehe. On the menu were sweet and sour pork, minced pork with capsicum and watercress nut, ginger chicken stir fried with bamboo shoots, 'fu yong' omelette, stir fried greens with garlic & shallots and we also bought a herbal & salted chicken (just in case the cooking turn out to be a disaster). Hahaha. But it was good ... the food was delish and am I not a lucky sod. :p Everyone enjoyed that scrumptious meal and the reserve red spanish wine at the end provided the perfect finish.

I guess both our Dads were sufficiently happy by the end of the day and we had to remind ourselves that treating our parents especially well shouldn't just be on this particular day ... it should be done and carried out every other day no?

Oh and I'm gonna do a Combat replacement class at Celebrity Fitness in Bangsar. Shall be doing the new release ... nervous yet excited as hell. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW...so nice masak masak together......How sweet!!!
The food looks delicious too!!!!

Awww... SWEET..Happy Happy!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww... how can u do the new release with them and not us??!!! huh??? :(

Adrian said...

Hehe ... the food was delish indeed. :) Lots of tlc went into it.

Hey Joanne,

TF have not launch it yet ma. Shall be doing it on the 29th onwards. My body is still aching from doing it yesterday. Ouch!