Monday, June 23, 2008

Jason & Selina's Wedding, Oriental Pavilion, Three Kingdoms & Night Market






Disclaimer : The following entry is categorised as non-halal.

KNNCB ... it's Monday again. Sighhh ... I'm feelin' the blues man. Anyways, how was your weekend? A good one I hope.

Friday night's BC at TF, Taipan was a drag since the studio's aeromic wasn't functioning so well. Had to scream my lungs out to reach the members. The lady who stood right at the very end of the studio didn't help make my work any easier. KNN. :p After class, headed to the newly opened Station 1 Cafe with SY and Vera. Nice ambience with a rather good 3 piece live band (became a 2 piece band soon after cause the drummer left midway). A good blend of Chinese and English pop and oldie tracks were played. Haha ... looks like I'll be frequenting the place rather regularly if it doesn't close down. Why do I say that? Well, that particular location is notoriously known for it's vile feng shui. Anyone doing business there would survive 6 months at most. But judging from the crowd that night ... Station 1 could be the one to break that curse.

Kicked off early Saturday with RPM. Only two members were present for that obscenely early class. Two very eccentric members though ... you wanna know more bout these members ... ask me personally and I'll tell you. Cannot blog bout it ... later my telinga kena pulas again. Kua kua kua. Joined Delon's Combat class but was dragged on stage. The crowd was great, the intensity was definitely there ... overall it was a superbly fun class. Delon did a Muay Thai track I've never done before ... crazy I tell ya. Really tiring and immediately after that track,I quote Nicholas ... with panted breath, he said "F**king Hell!!!". Also managed to squeeze in two Body Attack tracks before I had to rush off to pick SY up. Hadn't had such a crazy workout since after my surgery.

Come evening, SY and I picked up Audrey and we went for Jason & Selina's wedding dinner at The Imperial Palace @ Puchong. Food was rather good and Desmond most definitely made his worth by polishing most of the gastronomic servings. Note the photo of the kepala babi on top ... cute ya. OINK!!! Many congrats to the happy couple and may their future be blessed with abundant happiness and harmony.

Sunday breakkie was McDs Sausage McMuffin set. The salty sausage burger layered with a sunny side up coupled with piping hot crispy-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside hash brown and washed down with some sweet iced Milo ... one word ... DIVINE!!! It's especially delish if you're sharing it with someone special no? Don't believe me ... go try it for yourself. :p

Headed to my favourite BC class at TF, Jaya and there was a good crowd that morning. No less than 30 warriors on the floor and a cameo by everyone's favourite instructor Jack made it that much more fun. Sorry Jack to drag you up on stage with you in your teeny weeny shorts but I just couldn't resist. You looked adorable when you keep trying to re-adjust your pants. I bet some of the peeps on the floor caught an eyeful of our Jack Jack huh. :D Ladies ... you can thank me later. Ahaks.

Ermmm ... for 'convenience sake', SY and I went over to Oriental Pavilion for a light dim sum lunch. Food was good but unfortunately, the same cannot be mentioned for their service. Very slow response and the fact that they seated us right at the end corner of the restaurant sorta put a damper on the mood already. Bleh! Very noticeable however was the fact that service improved temendously only AFTER WE PAID THE BILL!!! Hmmm ... I wonder if they were trying to get us to vacate our table ASAP since it was able to accomodate at least 6 pax.

Went house hunting for a bit and realised that the property market is nothing short of CRAZY this time around. Could you imagine paying no less than RM550K for a tiny 1600 sq. feet condo in the Subang area. Furthermore, maintenance fees every month will come slightly above RM400 every freakin' month. The developer launched it last week and between then and now, almost 70% or the units have been snapped up. Where do these people get their moolah???!!! TELL ME!!! Am I the only poor soul alive? Putra Heights ... link houses ... RM400K and above ... ALL SOLD OUT. The ones left are the crappy ones and those aren't cheap either. I have to say this again ... KNNCB!!!

With all the penned up frustration, we went to the Subang night market and indulged. What we had??? Are you ready??? Here goes ... apam balik, some peanut kuih, curry fishballs, nasi lemak (tambah nasi) with fried chicken (2 pieces), fried carrot cake (large portion), sweet dessert and durian. Fooyoh ... kids, don't try this at home. Seriously ... stomach cannot tahan.

Oh, I watched Three Kingdoms on DVD last night. Awesome ... real awesome. Starring Andy Lau, Sammo Hung, Andy On and the ever sexy Maggie Q, it tells the story of the General ZiLong and how he served his Emperor Liu Bei to expand their empire. Also in the story were the famous General Guan Yu and General Zhang Fei. Battle scenes were bloody and violent. Very graphic and the kung fu cinematography was excellent. Do yourself a favour and go watch it if you're into Chinese history, honourship and gory fight scenes. This blogger feels really proud to be Cina after this movie and gives it a rating of 8.5 / 10. :)

8 comments:

penjaga meter said...

erm i'm proud to be 1/8th cina

Adrian said...

Yo bro,

Long time no see, long time no hear. :) What's up at your end?

I think nowadays, Malaysians all rojak la. Like myself ... I'm a dollop of Cina, a spoonful of Indian and a pinch of Thai. I think they call us Fusion people no? Haha.

penjaga meter said...

all is well
i am @ group tech solutions now.. wit petronas la
feels much better tho wakaakkaakaka...eh drop by my plc la bila2.. very near to jamies house.. maybe can teh tarik together gether

Adrian said...

Hey boss,

Glad to hear all is well and good on your side. Can can, whenever I'm in that area, I'll give you a buzz. Your hp no. still the same right?

Anonymous said...

aiyoo leng chai!!! the babi head damm wasting la. I remember i was watching the Andrew Zimern guy on Travel & Living Channel, it seems this roast piglet the brains taste the best. and also the lips and cheeks. he split the head in 2, and took the brains out and makan. He basically sapu everything and never waste. with high rising cost & living, shame on you for not doing that. HAHAHA

Adrian said...

Aiyo ... the brains can eat meh??? Cannot le ... don't think I can stomach it. *Bluek*

Anonymous said...

can eat wan. thats why i found it quite amusing. I tot we chinese were the "spare part" king. But after watching various travel docu, i notice the european also gila spare part wan. especially in spain, the delicay is the bull's bollocks. Especially the one that was just brought down by the matador on the same day. that wan most expensive. Also i notice when it comes to brains, they prefer the "young ones" eg: piglet, the kidd. also in Turkey, the famous marakesh - every single part of the cow and goat they hantam!!. yah the bollocks and brains all in besides the the normal intestines, kidney, heart and etc.. all BBQ hahahaha. Next time you got pot luck I bring for you kekekeke

Adrian said...

Can can ... if I organize a potluck or BBQ, you'll be first on my list. :D

But here no matador la ... lembu kampung got la ... brought down by some drunken mat rempit. Hahaha.