Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The sun will set someday


I overheard this conversation quite some time ago and yet I could never get it out of my mind.

He said : “I think we should talk about it. Obviously there’s a problem. Things are just not the same as it used to be.”

She said : “Okay.”

He said : “What went wrong? How did we get to this?”

She said : “I don’t know. I just can’t take it anymore.”

He said : “…”

She said : “I’ve given you so many hints but you just don’t get it. This is not what I want.”

He said : “Then you should’ve said something about it.”

She said : “I’ve given you so many chances but you never change. Everything’s still the same. I’ve tolerated enough for the past five years. I just can’t take it anymore.”

She began tearing.

He said : “So what do you want?”

She said : “I think we should take a break.”

He said : "You're joking right."

She said : "You know I never joke about these things. It's always you who take these things lightly but when I say it, I mean it."

He said : “Huh … if that’s what you want.”

She said : “This is what I need.”

And that was how it all ended. What a pity.

No comments: