Wednesday, March 21, 2007

He left the building

Yesterday, after having lunch, my managers and myself were in a car, heading back to the office when we happened to talk about a project I'm currently handling. I also mentioned that one of our correspondent engineer based in The Kingdom of Bahrain (where this project is taking place) seemed to be missing in action lately. He doesn't reply to our emails and more suprisingly, emails concerning the project hardly gets cc-ed to him anymore. My managers didn't know what to say to that, so they simply shrugged it off.

When I sat down at my workstation 10 minutes later, I received an email from the aforementioned correspondent engineer. That email was to notify us that he had already tendered in his resignation. This explains a lot about what has been going on. He's a good colleague and a fantastic friend. He was very generous towards my managers and myself during our trip to Bahrain two months ago. He shall be missed.

So to Mr. Rushdy, all the very best to you and in all your future endeavours. Maybe I will take you up on that bbq lunch offer at your New Zealand home one of these days. So get ready to fire up that ol' grill my friend.

No comments: