Monday, January 14, 2008

MRI



Hey I’m back. Been MIA for a while. Nothing much happened lately except that I finally got my MRI scan done. It was at the Tuanku Jaafar Hospital in Seremban. Why all the way to Seremban you ask? … well, it’s because both my cousin and her husband are doctors there and hence it’s easier for me to get ‘an appointment’. Hehe. Furthermore, treatment is free there as compared to private hospitals here which would cost me nothing less than RM900. So a 40 minute drive there is bloody worthwhile is you ask me.

When I got to the hospital, I changed into their patient’s robe. (I was given XXXL size) I was then strapped onto the machine’s horizontal board and slowly moved into the MRI machine. It was pretty snug because I was not meant to move during the scan. There’s also limited space within the inside of the machine, hence it wouldn’t be so comfortable especially those who are claustrophobic. A huge pair of ear phones was also placed on me because the scanning process can get a little bit too loud for some. I mainly heard a lot of knocking and buzzing sounds. Really annoying I tell ya. When the scan started, they played me Phantom of the Opera (BodyPump bebeh!!!). So it was all cool but halfway through, it switched to some Tamil songs. Suffer man!!! It drove me crazy.

And the fact that I must try not to swallow my saliva when the scan was taking place made me want to do it even more. Not sure if you know what I mean but the more they tell me not to do it, the more I was inclined to do just that. I guess I was born a rebel … ahaks. And then there was the itches … not entirely sure if it was purely psychological, but I began to feel itchy around the nose and feet area and because I couldn’t move, it was hell!!! In addition, they covered me in a blanket before the scan and by the time it was over, I was drenched in my own sweat. So if you ever have to go for a MRI, screw the blanket. It’s not cold inside the machine.

The scan took about 90 minutes and they also drew out some blood for some testing. Report should be out in a couple of days time and hopefully by then, the doctor could know what exactly is wrong with my arm and provide the relevant treatment (as oppose to guess work) to fix it once and for all. Wish me luck peeps. :)

Oh, since every other instructor I know has this video on their blog, I might as well jump into the bandwagon. It's really awesome by the way. :p

No comments: