Thursday, January 24, 2008

'The DAY'


As The Day draws nearer, the anxiety increases. People tell me to try not to think about it ... that everything will be ok. I know it'll be ok. Like I've said before, with so so many of you behind me, I simply can't afford to lose this battle. I'm not gonna dissapoint. But at times when there's nothing to do, in the midst of a shower, while I'm reading, heck, even while I'm blogging ... the mind wanders. All the 'what if's kinda envelopes the mind. Hmmm ...

Anyways, just an update. I'll be checking into University Hospital's Private Wing this coming Monday (28th). I was even told by the doctor what to eat for breakfast on that day ... 2 slices of toast and a glass of Milo. :) After that, I shall have to fast till the surgery. I'm scheduled to be cut-up sometime after 5pm and if everything goes well *fingers crossed*, the op shouldn't take longer than 3 hours. Furtherwhich, I'll be wheeled into what they call the HDU. Dunno what it stands for but it's some sort of an ICU for neuro patients. There, I'll be monitored by a neurosurgically trained nurse till the next day and if I'm ok, I'll be transported to my own ward to rest and recuperate. The doc said I should be in the hospital for about a week before I can check out and go home.

According to friends who've been through surgery, I'll be drifting in and out of conciousness for at least the first 2-3 days. I know you guys care a whole lot for me but then, no need so susah for you guys to come visit initially lo. Don't come also nevermind since I understand we all have to work or our own lives to lead, so it's your thought and prayers that matters most. And pls be warned ... the parking facility in Uni Hospital is HELL!!! No joke. I'll be at home for the next 6 weeks after the discharge, so you peeps can come visit then too. I guarantee parking near my house is much more convenient ... FOC too. Heh heh.

Can't wait to get this over and done with and get on with life as usual. :) I mean ... things could get a lot worse ... the photo above is one example no? :p

9 comments:

Alexander Lee said...

(Points out to everyone, if you do visit him, and if the 'plan' goes well, you'll see Adrian with a new 'hairdo')

(Looking at Ping)

(Grin)

Alexander Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

When would be the best time to see you at the hospital? The hospital so much the nearer to my place... any one wants to come along?????:)

Anyway all the very best and have a safe journey to , during and back from the surgery... :) prayers and support from me to you :)

shades said...

HDU....

High Dependency Unit, if I'm not mistaken...

Su-Yee said...

a cup of milo and toast? sounds like KOpitiam before surgery:)

Su-Yee said...

If we go University Hospital, can stop by to makan Jalan Gasing Famour Ipoh Chicken rice also.....hiaks:P

Su-Yee said...

by the way, is the mouse on your picture ok? poor thing......did you release him?

Adrian said...

NO NO!!! NO new hairdo!!! Alex ... stay away ... I'm warning you. Believe in karma. :p

Hey Derek, the first 2 days, I'll most probably be drifting in and out of sleep ... so no point you guys come to soon also. Am afraid I won't be able to layan you guys. The fact that you guys are coming to visit is more than enough. :)

Hey there Alvin ... yea ... Alexander told me that too ... that HDU is actually High Dependency Unit ... a cross between a normal ward and the ICU. :) At least I learn something new today.

Su Yee :) No le .. kopitiam must have half boil eggs and my 'xi mut milk tea'. And good lo ... u guys can eat Ipoh 'nga choy kai' while I'm stuck with hospital food. :P Just don't tell me how good it is after you guys have eaten it. And the mouse pic was not taken by me le ... got it from the internet. :)

Dino said...

Don't worry about the visiting. :) not about conveniences, not about the parking, not about the distance. well bro, is the hearts count. hahaa.. as long they are willing to travel let them ba. and the blog pic? adoi *SLAP!! thats violent act!!!!!

lai lai lai.. A BIG HUG is good!!!