Monday, May 3, 2010

Tired hound dog


Every employee signs a contract with his / her company. You get paid an agreed sum of remuneration for executing the work scope stipulated in the aforementioned contract. As straightforward as this may seem ... I'm sure most would agree that more often than not, this isn't always the case.

It's perfectly fine to give and take. As long as there is a balance of sorts, I reckon it may even work to one's benefit. We accomplish, we experience, we learn, we gain ... you get the gist.

The question is what happens when that oh-so-critical balance is no longer within a tolerable equilibrium? What happens when it tilts towards a side where it compromises one's principles and ethics?

I have a front row seat here in my current project as I watch all the drama unfold. I bet ... with a good scriptwriter, I could possibly win accolades by bringing all these to the silver screen. It has all the elements needed for a most intruiging soap opera ... we're talking big time betrayal, corruption, anguish, hatred, pretention, sacrifice, frustration, lies, lies and more lies etc. And the best part ... the ending isn't written yet. The game is still being played as I type out this entry.

Truth to be told, I wouldn't mind being a mere spectator in this play of deceit but when I'm being sucked into it ... it's a different story all together. To get tangled up could be dangerous and at the moment ... very very tiring. I despise myself for putting up a mask in the presence of certain individuals. Sometimes this is not a choice ... it's a case of survival of the fittest and the weak ones get tossed to the sharks. This is further amplified with the fact that being in foreign land, we're here on our own ... no family, no friends, no one to watch our backs. It's every man for himself in every sense of the word. Trust is a comodity most valuable but give it away too easily and it may turn around to bite you ... hard! Your best friend may actually be a wolf in sheep's skin.

Of late, I see this 'mask' I so regularly put on starting to crack. I've possibly reached my limit and God knows what this blogger will do if pushed further to the edge. Like I said, the plot is getting stale and I'm as tired as a freakin' hound dog. I just want to be left alone to do the work I was asigned to. I crave for this now ...


Screw all the politics, away with all the unethical dealings ... let's just finish the work we're sent here to do, take a bow, let the curtains fall and everyone goes home happy.

Sighhh ... if only everyone else felt the same way ...

No comments: