Thursday, May 6, 2010

No ZZZzzz ...


Of late, I've been having trouble getting a peaceful slumber. When I retire from work, my body is screaming at me to go to bed so that it can rejuvenate itself. The muscles are pooped, the mind is exhausted and my eyelids weigh enough to qualify for next season's Biggest Loser. Usually I plop my worn-out self to bed no later than 10:30pm. Early to bed ... early to rise no? But to put it plain and simple, the problem is ... I just couldn't sleep. I attribute this to a few reasons, possibly ...

1) my mind is still active with a heavy traffic of thoughts, zig-zagging like a loose canon.

2) I'm an extremely light sleeper ... the slightest of noise will awaken me ... and I'll have difficulty heading back to lalaland.

3) I sleep better under a cool temperature and with summer approaching now ... it's getting hot hot hot! Me no like hot :(

The list goes on ...

I've tried numerous remedies but they don't seem to work for me. Before hitting the sack, I make it a habit to read, attempted to clear the busy highway of thoughts, downing a glass of warm milk, exercising vigorously to drain the life outta my body etc.

As a result of this constant insufficient rest, I transform into a walking zombie each morning. Slugging my weary body to work and pumping my blood with a steady flow of caffeine just to keep on going. My skin is also suffering with a breakout of acnes which I'm certain is mostly caused by this factor. *Sighhh*

Anyone out there have a workable cure or a proven solution? :( *YAWNZZZzzz*

No comments: