Friday, May 9, 2008

An Ode To Her


Who is she, you unwittingly questioned
She’s the one I’ve previously mentioned
The one who painfully brought me here
The one who tirelessly raised me up thereafter

Through the times, into a man I grew
Till today, she guides me, that I knew
And despite all my mistakes and many wrong doings
She still stands by me, ever loving, ever forgiving

In life’s cynical journey, I’ve fallen and bruised myself
Yet, she’s always there to nurse, no matter if I’m 26 or 12
And during my moments of utter joy and blissful happiness
She’s the often the one I neglect with shameful ungratefulness

So here I stand, to the world I proudly declare
For all your undivided love and ever diligent care
That you’re the best mom I could’ve ever wish for
So may this Mother’s Day delight you and so much more

No comments: