Friday, April 30, 2010

Movie Marathon ...


I finally caught Clash of The Titans. This remake of the 1981 original starring Sam Worthington (the guy from Avatar) pleases me. Sure the plot is predictable as hell but then again, I've always been a fan of all things related to magic & fantasy ... heck, I think it all started from my childhood days of chasing after the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon series. So from Harry Potter to LOTR ... I won't miss a single one of 'em. Oh and Liam Neeson stamped himself as the big chief of Olympia, Zeus authoritatively well while Ralph Fiennes was creepy as the evil Lord of the Underworld, Hades.

Like I said, watch this movie for what it was intended to be ... a bing bang between the Greek Gods, the Titans and the mortal men though the part where Perseus calling Medusa a bitch didn't go down so well with me. I doubt that word was in any part of the ancient Greek vocab then.

Oh and if you're plannnig to catch COTT, be sure to go for the 2D version instead of 3D. Why you ask ... well, it's simply because COTT was shot with 2D cameras but after seeing the humongous success of Avatar, the producers decided to 'convert' COTT into 3D. According to a certain James Cameron, this conversion would take no less then 8 months to a year to make it proper but the guys from COTT took only 6 weeks in order to rush it in time for its global premier. Another fine example of 'money talks and bullshit walks'.

When the movie was done, I grabbed some grub at Caribou's ... a cheese croissant to compliment my American Cold Press. Next up, I had an appointment with Mr. Tony Stark and Ms. Pepper Potts.


Ironman 2 picked up from where it's predecessor left off. Wouldn't wanna spoil it for those who haven't yet seen it but expect ACTION ACTION and MORE ACTION. Robert Downey as Tony Stark ... atrociously arrogant but super cool :p The Ironman suit ... macho macho macho. I SOOOOOO want one. There are a million and one things I can think of doing with the suit. >:) The villains ... Ivan Vanko with his badass Russian attitude and Justin Hammer with err ... his 'Ex-wife' ... they exude enough wickedness as far as baddies go. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow ... sooo sinfully delicious! All in all ... a very entertaining blend of CRASH BOOM BANG at its best. This blogger gives it a double thumbs up!

And ... I treated myself to ...

Let's face it ... there's a boy in every man. Period!

So there you go ... 'nuff said! Go watch 'em already. Now shoo!

No comments: