Friday, April 23, 2010

Off with the cobwebs

Ola!

I guess it's bout time I brought this blog back to life huh. Why the long absence? Well ... there really isn't anything interesting to shout home about while I'm here in Babu Babi and when I'm back, I'm usually rushing through everything trying to make every minute count.

So what's new you ask? Errr ... with work, things are moving. *YAY* That means the sooner I get to head home for good ... BUT ... (I'm sure you saw it coming ... there's always a 'BUT'), with everyone being so busy, temperaments fly and stress levels soar. I try to tread carefully with the people I deal with but then again you simply cannot please everyone. Some of em' don masks and play a filthy game of lies and deceit ... but as the age ol' saying goes ... the truth always prevail. It usually is only a matter of time before they slip up and others can see them for who they really are. Let's pray that the shit doesn't hit the roof before that happens. A collegue of mine advised to stay clear of the mess ... don't get involved in the crossfire ... so I'm resolute to not get sucked into all these mumbo jumbo chaos. People problem can be so tiring!

On a happier note, the wife and I finally collected the keys to our love nest. It's nothing fancy, just a quaint li'll pad we'll call home ... someplace to build on our lives from there. We're pretty excited at the prospects of piecing together the parts till the day we can finally move in and enjoy the fruits of our labour. We've confirmed the contractor to help 'do up' the place ... let's hope she does a fine job considering the amount of hard earned moolah we're dishing out. It's not a lot but it's all we have. Also put down the deposits for our electrical applicances ... the usual you know ... tele, washer, fridge etc. One part of me gives me so much satisfaction that we're well on our way into completing this puzzle we'd like to call home but the other part of me jawdropped at the rate of my depleting bank account numbers. And that ladies and gents ... is why I'll be diligently continue to bank my luck on the lottery. :p

We met our future neighbour during one of our trips to the site for defects inspection and judging by the short conversation we had, we reckon it's best not to piss off Mrs. Ong for she seems the kind that defines 'hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn'. *Yikes* Wifey's colleague will be occupying the unit in front of ours while my A-Levels classmate will be staying on the same level. On another block, an ex-uni mate will move in with her family. Talk bout being in a small world huh. Wonder if there will be more famliar faces with time to come ...

Oh, my bro-in-law just underwent a minor surgery for apendicitis and he's recovering tremendously well. *Hooray* Wifey and my parents who visited him told me he looks super. :) Good for you Ji. Now it's time for you to get well soon cozzz ... we need your help when we move into our new place. Haha.

My bro, Shaun was posted to Taipei and by the looks of his photos on FB, he seems to be living the life. Apparently, the apartment he's occupying now used to house Jolin Tsai. Cool huh!

As for Ryan, well, he's gonna get his 'wings' pretty soon. Li'll bro is all grown up now and will soon be getting his driving license ... much to the delight of my dad I'm sure who'll get a break from having to ferry Ryan around.

Bryan or better known as Cilantro now :p, is keeping his timetable busy with culinary classes. Am so happy that he's making good use of his time and really enjoying it too. Now I'm just waiting to savour his cooking and I'm sure he'll be able to tantalize my tastebuds :)~~~

Ok ... I'm done sipping on my cold press Americano and it's time to head on home. Till next time, adios!

No comments: