Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm 55 or at least it feels like it ...

It's a Friday ... and any regular reader on Adrian's Nook would've realised by now that it's also my off day. So what does a 27 year old do on his / her only off day of the week??? Party at the beach, chill out at a cafe, hang out at the mall ... the list goes on.

The thing is ... I don't fit into this status quo. Instead, I look forward to waking up, give myself a good stretch, go for a morning jog and then dive back under my duvet with a good book in hand. On and in between, I whipped up some fanf*ckingtastic pasta. :) I'd rather spend hours flipping literature pages than say ... rubbing shoulders with the 60,000 odd crowd to witness the annual Red Bull Air Race going on at the Corniche right this very instant. It's basically F1 in the air and the adrenaline rush gained from these zig zagging low flying propellered engineering marvels oughtta drive my blood pumping in eager anticipation no??? Hmmm ...

But here I am, blogging about what I should be doing instead of actually doing it ... the ballads playing in the background ain't helping either ... in fact it's bruising my ego. Ouch!

I theorized that perhaps it's because lately I've not been getting my alone time. During usual work days, I hardly have much time to myself ... it's always work work work and even after 6pm, the bosses seem to think it's ok to drag work back home as well. Hence, on Fridays, it's kinda nice to just be with me, myself and I. I can happily go through the day not uttering a single word to anyone. Is my daily life pattern forcing myself to evolve into a hermit of sorts???

Man, I feel like a 55 year old pensioner. So you kids have better bugger off now and let me listen to my gramophone in peace. *Sheesh* :p

No comments: