Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Burn, Baby, Burn

The alarm of my Blackberry rang in unison as the morning rays peeked though my curtain blinds.

I bounced outta bed, afforded myself a lengthy yawn before giving the sleepy muscles a good ol stretch. Did the necessary washing up before heading to the kitchen to whip up a healthy dose of whey protein. Chug it down in three gulps and hurried back to my room to play dress up.

I felt like Adidas today and so I suited up in my Adidas black running shorts and a white fitting singlet. The contrast between the colours provided a sense of completion ... doesn't really make any sense but somehow it felt that way.

The morning was unusually warm but it somehow drove me to grab my Nike windbreaker. I zipped up and laced my NBs. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead even before the run began. It pumped the spirits up.

I pre-selected a couple of tracks in my Ipod ... namely

1. Glad You're Here (Warm up)
2. Behind The Cow
3. Zombie
4. Reverse Psychology
5. Let Go
6. Underneath The Radar
7. Turn It Up

They're all RPM tracks and man was it good. By song no.2, I was flying. It's been a long time since I had this much adrenaline pumping through my soles. I paced my breathing in between every 3 steps and it worked wonderfully well to channel enough oxygen to the burning muscles.

By the time it ended, the heart was pumping furiously and I was terribly drenched. Did my routine crunches and followed by some chest push ups.

As I showered, I wish to experience a similar rush for my next scheduled run ... this evening to be exact.

Oh what a glorious run I had today. :D

2 comments:

Tweets said...

Really like how you narrate.

Adrian said...

Heya Tweets,

This is what happens when you don't have a life. You describe in detail your morning run. Sad huh. Haha.