Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sigh ...

Feelings ... stirring. The clock ticks two minutes after 1:30 a.m. as a whirlwind of thoughts swam inside my head. Experiencing a nauseating blend of contrasting emotions. Not entirely sure why. A li'll bit of frustration, a tad of restlessness, a pinch of sadness, a dollop of disappointment ... all of which can be pretty much summed up with a very heavy sigh. The tune of 'Yesterday Once More' playing in the background isn't helping. :(

I'll be leaving soon ... leaving with a very heavy heart. Bidding goodbye to the life I've very much grown most comfortable with recently. I'll be going off to a land of oil, sand and sun. I foresee myself leading a rather different kinda life there ... something that will take a whole lot of effort, patience and perseverance if I were to make it through. I tell myself that if it doesn't kill me, it'll only serve to make me stronger. If life deals you with lemons ... make lemonade but alas ... I'm not feeling any better.

It's still difficult to genuinely smile when I look into the mirror these days. Maybe it's because I've not been getting the rest my body and mind is screaming ever so loudly for. Work have been a li'll crazier than usual of late. Working at home till the wee hours in the mornings ... no prize for guessing that this is a practice I do not favour.

Missing my other half so dearly as well since she's travelling for work, thus cutting short what's left of our time together. I'm hopefull though that what we discussed might actually fall through. NOt gonna tell what's it all about ... don't wanna jinx it. Hahaha, so can only keep my fingers crossed here for the time being. At least she's coming home soon ... will be picking her up from the airport in a couple of hours more to be exact. Funny how one individual can crave for another so badly ... to be in constant need of the other's presence. Is it a good thing to be in such a silly 'predicament' ... I don't know.

Mom's in the hospital ... just under went a minor surgery. She was all ok when I visited her earlier today. Just praying for a speedy recovery. So used to seeing her being so steadfast and strong ... and yet, watching her lying down on the hospital bed ... so vulnerable ... so fragile. Never told her this before but she is the pillar of my life. Her undivided love and care had brought me this far in life ... through the many downs experienced, she was the one who always stood there by my side, ever ready to help me stand up when I fall.

Finally did my video certification for my Body Combat. Alex C and Su Yee generously offered to help me out on this. So to the both of them, please accept my sincerest ARIGATO! The members were also most supportive, they gave me the intensity, the spirit and support I needed. I wouldn't be the instructor I am today if it weren't for them. Was the shoot good ... well, time is not a luxury I can afford now, so I'm just gonna send it in and hope for the best. Hehe.

After class, the bunch of us headed to Nic's place for a scrumptious supper. On the menu were roti jala with curry chicken, spiced fried rice, angel hair with herbs, stir fried asparagus and the star of the night ... baked sole fish. Super yummilicious this one. Wonder how much would I need to offer Nic for him to part with the recipe. :p Anyways, desserts came in the form of sinful chocolate cupcakes and Alex helped with the caffeine brew. It was good fun to enjoy delish foods as well as the excellent company. I'm gonna miss this bunch of peeps when I leave. *sniff*

I guess that's all for now. Gonna try to catch 40 winks before the drive to pick up the missus. At least that's something to look forward to. :)

Pleasant dreams fellas.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! Cheer up Dude! Couldn't be all that bad, eh?
I know missing our loved ones are one of the toughest. But be strong ya, turn to the Lord for comfort, knowing that He will look after them in your absence.
Take care!

MochaSourcream said...

Everything Happens for A Reason... So don't be too sad about things... something good may happen... Take care ya

Anonymous said...

change job!

Su-Yee said...

no prob mate! my pleasure. hey, if you are free,only if you are free, can you send me the picture u take for the green color mee nic cook? i accidentally delete it!

thanks mate

Anonymous said...

There is this one story i heard from somewhere i forgot where. It's about a group of soldiers goin thru the warzone in vietnam. Among the group, the last soldier who survived the war is not the strongest nor the smartest, but actually the one who has a strong belief that one day he will be returning home to see his wife. Maybe you just try to apply this story in your case...And I guess I won't be very much better than you...haha...sooner or later, i am gona be that pig!

Joanne said...

Bro - look at the brighter side of things. Always remember that the good Lord has plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Just look forward to your new assignment with an open heart and optimistic view of what is best to come. 2 years will just go by swiftly before you even know it! Not many people have the opportunity. Embrace it happily...

Adrian said...

Hey all,

Thanks for the support and kind wishes. :) Yes, shall take it one day at a time and make the most out of it.

Su,

Will email you the pic once I've downloaded it into my notebook k.

Sam,

Yes, welcome to the club!!! OINK OINK.

To all,

Take care you hear!