Thursday, May 7, 2009

These Li'll Moments ...




WARNING : This particular entry is dedicated to her and hence, it's filled with lots of mushy love. Read at your own risk. You have been warned!!!

She's on the way home now as I type in this entry ... though being apart, precious moments spent together throughout the past 6 days are now engraved in my mind. These memories I shall cherish ... these reminiscences shall keep me going till we meet again ... soon.

There's simply no better way than to wake up and having you there by my side. I can then take my time to gaze and appreciate the beauty that is you. It's difficult to kiss you goodbye and head off to work but I take comfort in knowing that when my time over here is over, I'll have the priviledge to experience this everyday of our lives together.

Knowing that you're there ... waiting for my return from work made me anxiously count the ticking minutes till I'm able to pack up and rush home to you. Without fail, you greeted me with the sweetest of smile ... a smile that brightens up the entire room ... a smile to wash away my fatigue and gloom.

How we share our meals together ... whether if it's enjoying a crispy chicken burger or a cup of creamy ice cream drizzled heavily with choc fudge ... everything taste delish when we're relishing it in each other's company. You delighted my tastebuds to the wonder of strawberries dipped in sweet yoghurt. YUMMMSSS.

It was so much fun dwelling over the quirky dreams you have every night. How we will talk and joke about it ... often our conversation will stray from there to topics so far away we sometimes forgot what we were initially talking about. Nevertheless, I realised I missed listening to your laughters very much and I can't wait to hear them again.

How we would watch a movie everynight ... cuddled comfortably under the duvet and enjoying the show on my 14 inch notebook monitor. Though I didn't say it but I thought it was really cute the way you refused to watch the horror movie with the lights turned off. Also how you were showing off being able to see through the darkened room and I pretended that I couldn't.

I love cooking for you ... it's one of the many ways I hope to pamper you. Food always taste better when you have a li'll bit of sugar, a dash of salt and a whole load of TLC. :)

When you lied down and slept on my lap throughout our journey to the airport, I took the pleasure to look and tried to memorize every single detail of your face ... the strands of your hair, the contour of your nose, the shape of your eyebrows, the blush of your cheeks, the fullness of your lips ...

When I came home ... I walked into an empty room ... no smiles to welcome me, no tight hugs, no tender kisses. I miss you already b. Like I said earlier, I'll use our memories to keep me going till I return home to you. I'll be counting down the days and looking forward to having you in my arms once more.

2 comments:

Terence Toh said...

wow, i'm gonna be diabetic after reading this :)

Rosse said...

wow so touching, keep the love burning.