Sunday, May 10, 2009

The one with the dead cocks ...

My management decided that our previous working hours under the scorching desert sun isn't long enough. Hence, they've decided to lenghten it to the current 10.5 hours instead. We report to work at 7:30am and leave at 6:00pm AT THE EARLIEST!!! *BOO BOOOOOOO!!!*

So with this 'jolly' new timing, I've gotta wake up obscenely early i.e. 5:00AM if I wanted to go for my morning run. That was what transpired this morning ... by 5:25AM, I'm all washed up, all stretched up and all laced up ... ready to go go go.

I paced along my usual routine and at the first lap, though the sun wasn't completely risen yet, I noticed some very vigorous fluttering action up the road ahead. As I approached said scene, it was obvious to me two roosters were in the middle of a vicious fight and on the sidelines, a hen continued pecking on the ground as if nothing out of the ordinary was going on. *sheesh ... some chicks I tell ya*.

The cocks were both erected ooops ... I meant to say the feathers on both the roosters were erected, I guess to intimidate one another into submission. They were jumping around, trying to claw the life out of each other ... in the middle of the road no less, while the hen just enjoyed the show. I mean it's not suprising to find a chick basking at the center of the limelight no? :p

Anyways, I continued on my run ... not giving that scene another thought. Coming on to my 2nd lap, as I approached that fight scene, I wondered if it was over. I was hoping there was a knockout. From afar, I could see the hen still standing motionless from where she last stood but as for the roosters ... sighhh ... it was a sight most gruesome. Both of em' were bloody and ... FLAT!!! Yes, they were ran over by a 4X4 probably. Couldn't really make out the shape of what remained on the road. Sighhh ... those two would've been better served deep fried on a platter with some ketchup ... but to end up as roadkill this way over a chick???!!! And I should think that chick would have no problems moving on ... after all, another cock is already eyeing her from across the street.

In the very wise words of a certain Mr.Marley ... No Woman No Cry.

2 comments:

Alowevera said...

Waaaa..itu macam pun boleh..
So drama...the life of KFC

sam said...

i wish the one who killed the cocks, will have a nightmare, where his cock is run over by his 4x4.