Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dreams

The windows creak open,
The curtains gently sway,
Drizzling, the night dampens,
I slumber, wishing for day.

In a dream, a banshee shrieks away,
I cower, hoping not come what may,
Where's the sun and its almighty ray,
To cast demon astray and bring me blue jay.

With dawn feeling so far away,
I cringe, I tear and slowly pray,
To hear a mighty steed's neigh,
Who'll appear and sweep me away.

I rode on hidden paths and lost my way,
Met a jester, who's acting all gay,
Landed in a kingdom of far away,
Enchanting magic, keeping evil at bay.

I then stared at faces of fays,
Hide-and-go-seek amongst the hay,
I ran to them, I crave to play,
But they vanished and I said its okay.

For a knight, who has never slay,
Came to me and said "Hey",
A secret I'll share, but a price you must pay,
For once I'm gone, come back next May.

A map he gave, which will lead the way,
So I walked from Monday till the following Friday,
Finally, I saw it and shouted "Yay",
A sleeping beauty, there she lay.

I stroked her hair, like golden rays,
She opened her eyes, and began to say,
I've waited long, countless nights and countless days,
Let's go now, let's not stay.

Into the horizon, ever so bright,
Of orange and yellow but never grey,
She leans on me and holds me tight,
I kissed her cheeks, as smooth as clay.

A rude stray's bark,
And a grouchy toad's croak,
I woke up feeling stark,
In my four poster of oak.

The loveliest of dreams,
A dream so real, oh so real,
Coffee now, two sugars no cream,
And maybe later, a bowl of cereal.


Been having weird dreams lately ... some pleasant ones while others I'd be pleased to do without ... nevertheless, it reminded me of this piece I wrote a long time ago. Any dream intepreters out there??? ... Tell me what you think.

No comments: