Wednesday, December 31, 2008

08 to 09

It's that time again ... the final hours before a brand new year dawns upon us. Time to reflect on the yesterdays and commit new resolutions for the tomorrows.

Just as many had done, I'm jumping into the bandwagon and listing down (as far as I can recall) the thirty ups and downs experienced throughout the year 2008 ... here it goes :

1) Was told I had to go through a brain and spine surgery. Was told it would cost RM40k. O_O"""

2) Broke someone's heart.

3) Stole someone's heart.

4) Admitted to the hospital for the first time in my life. Had the surgery performed.

5) Made many new friends.

6) Realised so many people cared for me ... some I never knew existed.

7) Realised my family are made up of superheroes in their own way.

8) Was told I need to go through a second 'corrective' surgery. O_O"""

9) Went under the surgeon's knife for the second time.

10) Spent CNY and Valentine's Day lying on the hospital bed.

11) Stayed home, eat and sleep for more than 2 whole months.

12) No gym for 3.5 months. Put on 10 kilos in 3.5 months.

13) Shed 6 kilos in 3 months.

14) Close friends drifted apart.

15) Discovered new priorities in life.

16) Was featured in a magazine.

17) Went to Taiwan for the first time.

18) I proposed. She said yes.

19) Was sent to the Middle East for work.

20) Started to cook once more. I last cooked regularly during my uni days almost 5 years ago.

21) Learnt new culture. Learnt to adapt. Learnt to accept.

22) Learnt to give more.

23) Learnt to take less.

24) Learnt to thankfully appreciate.

25) Learnt to move forward and not look back.

26) Re-visited Hong Kong.

27) Re-visited Macao.

28) Ate a Canadian sea urchin.

29) Preparing for what ought to be one of the biggest day of my life ... :)

30) I grew up a li'll bit more.

Now it's time for the fellas to loosen their ties and the ladies to kick off their heels. Time to put your hands in the air and partayyyyyy!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!!! 2009 ... BRING IT ON YO!!!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

hey bro - remember that all things happened for a reason, be it sweet or bitter. we just need to surge ahead and anticipate less. Let nature takes its course. I too had some ups and downs in 2008 - probably even more than 30. I'm taking sweet memories with and leaving the garbage behind. life is a funny thing

Adrian said...

Hey Jo,

Yea, life is indeed a funny thing, a lot of happenings we cannot comprehend, so many uncertainties. I guess all we can do on our part is to make the best out of every situation and appreciate every moment as if it's our last. :) Have a wonderful year ahead k.

Joanne said...

yup, bro. u too..enjoy your life and a good year ahead as well

Anonymous said...

it's an interesting list...and really plenty of things there. My list wouldn't be so long leh...