Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A white X'mas in the desert




At precisely 6:03am on this X'mas eve morning, I received an sms from my Project Manager asking if I wanted to go jogging with him. I agreed and lazily hauled myself out of bed to prepare for the morning run. Upon opening the front door, I was greeted by a most unlikely scene ... the surrounding area was so misty and not to mention cold too. The chilly humidity was a pleasant welcome since the weather had been very dry lately. With my windbreaker zipped up, we started the workout. Visibility was less than 10 meters and passing vehicles were practically crawling cautiously.

With this kinda environment, it reminded me of scenes in ol' London during yesteryears that we often see in the movies (think Oliver Twist) and was half expecting Jack The Ripper to jump out of the corner and take me to my doom. Haha.

40 minutes later and panting heavily, I entered my room and what I saw in front of the mirror shocked me. The cool weather had caused the water vapour in the air to crystalised at the tips of my hair. Hence, I literally had my entire head covered with ice. Cool huh. :D

Anyways, it's not everyday one will have the oppurtunity to experience this kinda thing especially over here in Abu Dhabi but I guess it's the closest I can get to a white X'mas. :p

Have you been naughty or nice this year??? Here's wishing all of you a very Merry & Blessed X'mas!!! HO HO HO.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aahhh, nice weather in AD...
but becareful coz in the misty weather, jogging can cause water in the lung.

pls remind the almighty PM too.

Joanne said...

Merry Christmas, bro!

Su-Yee said...

6.30am sms? aiyor!

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas brraaadddddeerrrrr!!!! :)

Adrian said...

Heya Anon,

Thanks for the health tip. Really appreciate it. Will pass the msg to the PM as well.

Hey gals,

Here's wishing all of you a very Merry & Blessed Christmas. Drink more egg nog and eat more X'mas pudding ya. :) Where's my pressies???!!! Hahaha ... I mean HoHoHo.

Leech The Leceh said...

merry christmas!! first pic was quite blur, and from just a glance at the title of the post and the pic, thot u were showing us dandruff on your hair. mwahahahah!!

Adrian said...

Haha ... yea, now that you mentioned it, your comment made a lot of sense. I took that pic of my hair with my hp, hence the blurred image. :p

Merry X'mas Leech. :)

Anonymous said...

ooooo....ice! Cool!
Too bad it's just too little. Imagine that you could play snowboard, instead of going jogging...wouldn't it be nice?

Anyway, long time did not see your blog liao, and found you've been to many places. Hong Kong nice ar?

And the most important thing, Happy Ding-Dong-Bell to you!

Adrian said...

Heya Sam,

Yup snowboarding in the desert would be way cool eh.

I really had a good time in HK, I mean anywhere serving babi has to be better than here no? Kekeke. :p Will try to update bout my HK trip more when I have the time, so stay tuned k.

Oh yea, before I forget ... HAPPy NEW YEARRRRRR!!! :D