Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hong Kong - Day 1






I took a short trip to Hong Kong recently. It serves as a li'll holiday and at the same time to pay visit to a couple of SY's relatives. I took a two hour ride to Dubai International and caught my flight on Cathay Pacific. It's nice to get away from the Middle East and with my previous trip to Hong Kong dating back to the end of 2006, I'm really looking forward to this and even made a wager with certain people that I'll eat enough pork for it to leak outta my ears.

Upon reaching Hong Kong, I took my time around the airport as SY was scheduled to arrive 30 minutes after I did from Kuala Lumpur. Lo and behold, it was she who was waiting for me at the baggage claim area soon after. Since we had a couple of hours to kill before the arrival of SY's younger bro and his gf, we wandered to newly opened Terminal 2. Terminal 2 is indeed huge with many retail outlets and restaurants to help us pass the time. We browsed through a couple of shops before making some purchase at a Kaloo outlet for SY's cousin's newborn. Next up, we pit stopped for lunch at a chinese restaurant (can't remember the name le). Before long, we were hungrily gobbling, munching and slurping on an assortment of dim sums and stir fried noodles.

With our bellies filled, we met up with SY's bro & gf and together, we hopped onto our awaiting car and went of to SY's cousin's place to dump our luggages. The apartment with stayed had a marvellous view of the city since it's located at The Peak. After freshening up for a bit, we made our way to Times Square and it's nice to be amongst the hustle and bustle of the island's metropolitan as well as soaking up the Yuletide atmosphere. It's been a while since I last laid eyes on so many Chinese peeps. Haha. Ooo ... also managed to snack on one of HK's famous all time favourite street food ... the curry fishballs. The texture of this ball shaped fish paste is oh so (for lack of a better word) 'rubbery' and 'bouncy' ... very different from the ones we have back home. Drenced with some fiery spicy sauce, it was YUMMILICIOUS!!!

Before long, it was time again for food ... dinner to be exact and we went to Spaghetti House to rendezvous with some of SY's relatives. Was also introduced to one of SY's cousin's gf whom I've never met prior and all of us indulged in CHEESE FONDUE. So sinful yet very delish. The food was great but the company was even better. We chatted, laughed, ate, drank till it was the restaurant's closing time.

We managed to play with baby Ezra for a bit before retiring to bed. That was how my first day in HK was spent. Stay tuned for Day 2 ... to be continued.

No comments: