Sunday, February 22, 2009

The one with family, work, Slumdog and a birthday ...

Just a short update of what has been going on lately. It's my colleague's b'day today, so to a certain Mr. N.C. Wong, Many Happy Returns. The bunch of us went out two days before to have an advanced celebration for the guy. We had Chinese at Beijing Restaurant, Madinat Zayed. Food was superb and we ordered loads. B'day boy settled the bill and everyone was happy. Haha.

The Malaysian Embassy here in Abu Dhabi held a belated CNY open house too. We were contemplating on going but ditched the idea at the last minute since 1) we were feeling really lazy 2) logistic issues (we had no transport) 3) I had loads of work to do and the bloody deadlines are inching closer by the bloody second.

My grandma suffered a fall sometime last week and was admitted to a private hospital. Somehow the fall caused her to suffer from lungs infection. Being monitored closely in the CCU helped her recover and she should be discharged sometime this week. My dad also underwent a minor surgery which required inserting a tube at the back of his neck to suck out some fluids which is interferring with his hearing. The surgery wasn't a complete success, so Dad will have to continue with some medication. His hearing have improved loads though ... so that's good.

Other than that, my time is fully occupied with work but I managed to squeeze in some for Slumdog Millionaire. So much hype bout it but I guess it deserved a certain extent of it. A good watch which led to solemn reflections after that. If what depicted in the movie is true, then we are indeed a lucky bunch to have what we have. God bless. Hmmm ... what else, of late, I've been digesting a couple of chapters from Cecelia Ahern's Where Rainbow Ends everynight before bed just to satisfy my craving for reading. It's a chick lit, so sue me. But then again, who says romance is priviledged only for the fairer sex no?

I'm missing her terribly ... I hope she knows that.

No comments: