Friday, November 14, 2008

Bumblebee and 'Friends' ...





If you're a follower of this blog, you would've knew that I'm currently based in Abu Dhabi. The second thing you should realize is that this rat hole isn't exactly the Garden of Eden. Ok maybe it can be ... with sufficient spending power, you can buy the moon and the stars but for moi ... let's just say I'm trying to modestly get by one day at a time.

When life gives you lemons ... you make lemonade no? That's what my colleauges and I are trying to accomplish ... attempting to make the best out of our current situation and I believe we'll get there one day. Soon I hope. :p

OK ... enough BS, straight to the point, after work last night, the bunch of us headed to Madinat Zayed. Located in that area is a bicycle shop and after relentless negotiation and bargaining, we snapped up 5 units in total. Got a free lock for each bike, a pump as well as free delivery. Not bad huh. So now as you're reading this entry ... JJ, Jenson, Eddy, Melvin and yours truly are proud owners of new mountain bikes bebeh!!! Marita (our document controller) bought hers a couple of days earlier from the same place.

The cost you ask??? Well, JJ, Jenson and mine cost RM390 while Eddy and Melvin's made them poorer by RM380.

It's been a while since I cycled (RPM in the gym don't count la) ... and it felt SO LIBERATING to cruise the streets at night especially with the cooling breezy weather we're getting over here now. I think I'll be spending a lot of time with my new set of wheels ... to re-discover the joys derived from the freedom of the spin. Next destination ... The Corniche ... a beautiful beach area populated mostly by beach strollers, cyclists and rollerbladers. Will try to get some nice pics the next time I'm there k. Those photos should be able to paint a much better picture compared to my limited vocab. :p

I christened my new toy 'The Bumblebee' for obvious reasons ... DUH!!! Me like. :D

So now it's time to lace up the shoes and ride the open road. It's just you and me, Bumblebee.

4 comments:

Sheng said...

Oooo I loveee The Corniche. Its a very nice place to have walks and go cycling.

And now that its the winter season, the weather will be very very nice over there. Sometimes it can even get cold =D

Do you know... at 12 midnight, you can see people jogging at the Corniche? Some even jogged with their long robes. The one the men always wear. Forgot wat its called adi.

I got to agree with you though. Its a really beautiful place.My parents still go there often eventhough they're no staying in Dubai.

Btw... you prob dunno me. Hehehe. Hi! I'm Sheng Ling. Ryan's friend ^.^ We met b4 a few times at ur hse.

Oh pls don tell ur bro dat I read ur blog. Cos he reli gets mad at me =S I jus like to read bout Abu Dhabi and wat u doin there.

Seems like u're doin great over there. Neways, good luck wif d rest. Bye! =)

Adrian said...

Hey Sheng Ling,

Yea, the Corniche can be a rather beautiful place to unwind especially with the fine weather nowadays.

The locals not only jog at night but those women dressed in their typical black abayas scare the sh*t out of me sometimes when they 'suddenly' appear outta no where. :)

Ok ... my gap is sealed ... Ryan will not know bout this. :p

Take care too on your side and have a great day ahead.

Sheng said...

ahaha. yarrrr those women in their abayas are very scary. =/ And they jogged wif their abayas on =.=

I always wonder how come they don't trip on their robes and fall flat down on their face XD

but den im always impress wif their skin. you can see through their face dat their skin are all damn smooth n fair.

heck! got one time i saw a woman in abaya who's soooo pale it seriously made her look like shes dead. reli reli scary! :S

hehehe. thks for not telling =)

Anonymous said...

hopefully those bikes gonna last those extreme weather...