Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back to the grinding wheel ...

I got back two nights ago to be exact ... back to Abu Dhabi that is. Work load is heavier than ever due to the commencement of the second project we got. Anyways, I was back home for slightly more than a week ago for several reasons. I had a software training to complete, a wedding dinner to attend, my post surgery medical check up appointment and also to take my entitled 7 days leave.

The 3 day training course went well. With a better understanding of the software, I hope it'll help me perform to what is required of me. However, being such a complicated and intensive planning tool, I'm sure I'll be bugging the trainers till no end for solutions when it comes to fully utilizing the aforementioned software. Phil and Suresh, brace yourselves ... muahahaha.

Also managed to catch a one time performance by Comedy Court comprising of local comedians Alan Perera and Indi Nadarajah at Bar Savanh, Mont. Kiara. SY and I had dinner at Kim Gary, Hartamas Shopping Center before seating ourselves along the bar area to witness how this two not-so-gentlemen poke fun at our current political scenarios back home in Malaysia. They've also taken well known musical hits and substituted the lyrics with their own hilarious rendition. You can get more info at www.comedycourt.com.my.

I managed to attend a cousin's wedding dinner as well. Held at the Li Jin Chinese Fusion Cuisine Restaurant @ Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur, the reception maxed out the entire restaurant. Food was good but more importantly, this joyous occasion enabled me to meet up again with almost all of my relatives.

Went to see my surgeon for my scheduled post-surgery check up. It's amazing how the good doctor managed to remember not only me but my parents as well as SY. We were chatting for a bit after going through all the necessary check up procedures and it's good to know that this neurosurgeon is capable of making his patients feel really confident and comfortable with him. No wonder he always has the longest line of patients waiting to see him compared to the rest of his colleagues. Keep up the good work doc.

Also went around town with SY, checking out wedding packages at various hotels. It's a real chore this one since most of 'em have already been snapped up on the dates we wanted. The available ones are too expensive. Imagine having to fork out more than RM2k per table. *GULP* Anyways, we've found one that should suit our requirements and if all goes well, that venue will be part of our special day.

Hmmm what else ... oh yea, managed to meet up with a couple of ex-uni mates namely Jon, Vince and YC. Jon brought along Kevin whom I've met briefly just before my graduation. We dined at Rakuzen @ Plaza Damas and this time, I managed to introduce SY to them. It was good to catch up again with the fellas and we adjourned to a bar nearby for a bottle of red before calling it a night.

I'm actually entitled to a 7 days leave every 3 months and this seems like a good time to claim that entitlement. 7 whole days of non-working bliss sounds fun no??? Well not exactly cause even though I'm thousand of miles away from the office, work seems reluctant to let me be. So I was also trying hard to squeeze time for work whenever I can. Sighhh.

All in all, the trip this time around felt very very rushed and I hardly get to do the things I planned to i.e. spending more time with my family and SY. Before I knew it, I was already back on the plane, heading back to Abu Dhabi. I guess one can't complain though, so am not gonna bitch about this anymore.

Upon my return to the UAE, I had a call from Brian asking to meet up for dinner. Met up with him and two other guys and I was struggling to keep my eyes open throughout dinner time ... must still be jet lagged.

That's all for now folks. Will try to update more often once I'm more comfortable with handling the workload over here ... till then adios senor' / senoritas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OoooO when huh?? where huh?? LOLz!! Aiseh,.. still belum yum char with u nehh.. so salah... ;p

Adrian said...

When and where shall be revealed in due time once confirmed. :) Stay tuned k.

Yealo, this trip very rushed ... wedding planning and SY's b'day occupied most of my time. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

wah...you are 'hang fuk' lor....envy envy

Adrian said...

sam,

Don't wait and be so choosy. Go look for your own 'hang fuk-ness' :)

It's good to have you here in the UAE even if it's just for a short time bro.