Saturday, October 11, 2008

Adrian the chef ...





When SY came over recently, we mostly spent our times indoors catching up on HK TVB's Chinese series on my notebook. Yes yes ... some of you might think WTF??? But for the both of us, this is the kinda laid back quality time we treasure.

Anyways, one of the evenings, I decided to prepare dinner, to cook for SY and let her be the judge of my non-existent culinary skills in the kitchen. A futile effort in trying to recall my days of cooking during my uni times, I just went ahead and did the best I could.

We went to Carrefour and bagged the necessary groceries. Meats, vegs, condiments, spices etc. Lugging it all back to the villa, I started making the preparations ... slicing the beef cubes, dicing the onions and bell peppers, chopping the garlics, beating the eggs etc. Well, you get the idea. In the midst of all these, something struck me ... I actually miss cooking. Been doing it almost daily when I was studying abroad ages ago. Well, anyways being away from home now will present more than enough oppurtunities to don my chef hat once more. Hahaha ... step aside J. Oliver, a new chef's in town and it ain't big enough for the both of us. *pai seh* *pai seh*.

Alrightey ... back to the kitchen. Come dinner time, I fired up the stove, the wok positioned over it, a healthy amount of sunflower oil heated up, it was all LIGHTS ... CAMERA ... ACTION!!! Ok la, the kitchen LIGHTS were on ma, SY was armed with the CAMERA and I was the one doing the ACTION lo.

On the menu were stir fried black peppered with bell peppers, lady's fingers with dried chilly, crispy ommelette and steamed thai fragrant rice. Beverages included Alphonsus mango juice and Mirinda orange fizzy. Later that night, we shared a Magnum Almond ice cream for dessert.

Well, the meal was errr ... edible I guess or at least that's what SY commented. More importantly, it felt good to be cooking again especially for a loved one and that we both enjoyed the meal. Bon apetite peeps.

P.S. Yea, that's me in the background in the first photo above doing the dishes. Fat oledi ... sigh.

12 comments:

Su-Yee said...

oh haha.....now that you mention only i notice you are behind the pic......need to do more oblique crunch!

Anonymous said...

werrr.. when are u gonna cook for the instructors??? LOL!!

Adrian said...

Su,

Sighhh ... I've lost the motivation to workout le. Nvm la ... let me go back to the fat ol' days.

Jazzzzz,

Instructors eat A LOTTTTTT le!!! Bankrupt aku ... hehehe. Joking joking.

Su-Yee said...

how can give up? well , u dun need to have six packs or tone biceps.....just healthy body and lifestyle! i am sure SY want that for you also:)

Adrian said...

I also want to gym ... but 7k wo. Too much to pay for membership la. When no gym ... very sian ... when very sian ... makan lo. *sob* *sob*

Leech The Leceh said...

*come to 'pat' as well*

wah!! how come need 7k for gym there? they tie you down for how many yrs?

Adrian said...

Heya Leech,

Long time haven't heard from you. Must be busy with work or pak tor leh. :)

Let me tell you la ... RM7k hor ... is only for ONE FREAKING year of membership. Strictly non-nego. You don't get to talk to any membership consultants coz there are none. Just fill up the form and pay the cash to the reception. Siao right ... sighhh.

Su-Yee said...

adria, no need join a gym, do push up sit up at home also can. by some dumd bell back home ma. or go jogging.

Shirlyn said...

just do some exercise at home la. since gym there expensive. don't be lazy. if not wasted all ur efforts all these time.

Adrian said...

:( ... really no motivation already. Home exercise ... kinda hard le especially since I can't do weights yet. So no push ups or dumbells. Hmmm ... much easier to resort to ... EATINGGG!!! Hahaha

Anonymous said...

ei...you should cook your "pan mee" there. You once mentioned to me your mum's pan mee can beat the SS19 one like a pro vs rookie. I suppose you got 'download' a bit of the kungfu from her rite?

anyway, since your villa is that big, maybe you could consider running around the house as an exercise?! That should keep the fat meter a bit lower.

Adrian said...

Aiyo Sam,

Even if I 'downloaded' the pan mee 'kung fu' from my mom (which I didn't), here very hard to get the right ingredients le.

Nvm la ... just gonna overdoes on briyani and double up my size the next time I see you. :p