Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm back yo.

It’s been a while. A tad bit too long actually. Between then and now, nothing much transpired. I went back to Malaysia for a short while to attend a software training. The 3 day course at Mont. Kiara was to equip me with the basic knowledge of the Primavera project planning tool. How was the course … well it was simply basic, touching only the surface for utilizing this software. A whole lot of features are available and were let known that it’ll only be taught in the Advanced course. KNN!!!

Anyways, it’s good to be back home. Managed to spend some time with the family and SY. With baited breath, SY and I informed our families our intention to tie the knot sometime next year and PRAISE THE LORD they were ok with it. :D So now a lot of planning needs to be done in order for us to make this work especially with me being away from home for most of the time. You guys got any ideas or tips bout marriage and wedding planning ... you’re more than welcome to share k. Arigato in advance.

Oh and the food, you won’t really appreciate the wonders of Malaysian culinary offerings till you’re deprived of it entirely. Since I touched down, I ate and ate and ate till it was time for me to board the plane back to Abu Dhabi again. Finally had the time to explore Jaya One and its many restaurants there. The one worth mentioning has to be Ducking. It was so good I went there thrice in two days. The first was with Su Yee and Alex, the second with SY and finally the 3rd with my family. Had countless plates of nasi lemak while I was in KL. Super yummy I tell ya.

Gym-wise, I went lo whenever I could and even managed to teach two BC classes thanks to the kind GXCs of TF. You guys ROCK!!! It was good to be up there on stage again doing what I enjoy best. The members had been most supportive too especially the bunch from Jaya33. *GROUP HUGGGG*

Other than that, there was nothing much … oh wait. I went to Sunway Lagoon with SY too. We even went for their latest attraction … SCREAMPARK. It’s basically a horror house with live humans dressed up as ‘ghosts’ to freak you out. When we first got there, it was just the two of us and so SY thought it would be a better idea to come back later with more people. Our second attempt grouped us with a bunch of Indonesian Chinese. Now this group made out of a few housewives, a li’ll kid and a teenage punk. We need to form a single line as we walk through the ‘ghost house of sorts’ and right from the get go, the other group, especially the housewives were screaming. They were genuinely scared shitless and poor SY had them all clinging to her. It came to a point where they were stretching her top from all the violent pulling and pushing, I had to sternly tell them to stop. But alas, it was pointless for when the ‘ghosts’ appeared again, housewives went berserk again. By the time, the 10 minute ordeal was over, SY’s top was doomed for the dumpster. And not even a whisper of apology from those mofos. Sheesh!!! We went to the wet park as well to splash in the pool and whiz down the water slides. We had good fun before it started to pour in the evening. That was our call to head home. On the same day, we went to Café De Sky Garden to celebrate SY’s youngest bro’s 16th birthday. It was a vegetarian restaurant and the menu was EXTENSIVE. So much fusion and tastewise, it was real good. I was also taken by their elaborate naming for the food and drinks. Two days later, I brought my family there and they too liked it very much. :)

It was no fun having to leave for Abu Dhabi again ... but work's work. Now gotta save more moolah for the wedding. Chinese weddings cost a bomb man. Any generous sponsors??? :p

P.S. Sam, now blog for your sake already. When are you gonna update yours???

4 comments:

Su-Yee said...

de'sky cafe at gardens mid valley?
and congrats ! me go no weddingtips but you can ask eng guan and terence. terence had a really awesome band played on his wedding day.

Adrian said...

Cafe De Sky Garden is located along Old Klang Road. It's in the Dataran Petaling area if I'm not mistaken.

Awesome band ... what kind??? Jazz???

Su-Yee said...

yup jazz!

Anonymous said...

sky garden...near pjs 1. Old building anyway.

adrian, good to see that your blog is up again. Don't waste the two years of hard work mar. As for mine, gotta long way to go before i'll have as a lot of posts as you. Will make it my resolution to update weekly. Work is just too bz..KNN