Monday, April 2, 2007

Purity

The sky opened and it's pouring now. From inside my office, the sound of muffled thunders offer a strange sense of reassurance, one I usually associate with whenever I'm tucked in comfortably under my duvet as I drift off to peaceful slumber.

Funny how the rain which could cause massive traffic congestions and catastrophic floods can also envelope me with a sense of calm and serenity. Sometimes, I observe as the raindrops hit a surface, splitting itself from one drop into a thousand little ones. Examining it closely and every drop is random but looking it from afar potrays a synchronizing pattern of never ending motions. Imagine the rain hitting a pool of water, before one ripple can die off completely, another emerges nearby. The collision between two ripples will be joined by a third and a fourth and so on. A chain reaction which will eventually link every raindrop together or at least that's how I would've like to think about it.

Have you ever stood still as you let the rain wash over you. Try it. Focus your receptors on a particular spot on your body and enjoy that feeling. For me, it's therapeutic. Cliche as it may sound, but it's good to let the rain wash away unwanted feelings bottled up inside of you. Just breathe calmly and let each drop take away a moment of sadness or loneliness in your life. Lie down and face the heavens. Let the tears of the angels cleanse your soul. Maybe it's God's way of purifying the dense bitter harshness of life. So excuse me while I go listen to the sound of raindrops tapping on a window now.

No comments: